Chapter Twenty: The Supernatural

Sophia struggled against the red haired woman that pulled her from her car, she didn't know what was going on but she was terrified. 

"Let go of me," Sophia demanded struggling against the grip that the woman had on her, she just wanted to check on a screaming Mia; she couldn't stand her daughter's frightened cries. 

The red haired woman smirked staring down at Sophia, she couldn't believe that it had taken her this long to get to her. 

Sophia continued to struggle as Mia's cries started to get louder, everything told her that this wasn't just some accidental meeting and that the woman before her had chosen her for a reason. 

"Riley deal with that thing," the woman hissed as a man appeared, the baby was getting on her last nerves and she needed to focus if she wanted to get her revenge. 

It had occurred to her that while she and Riley couldn't get close enough to Bella because of the mutts that seemed to be protecting her; however they wouldn't be able to protect Bella from her own cousin. 

Riley moved towards the car knowing that his mate wouldn't stand for the screeching child; he licked his lips as he thought of how good the baby's blood could taste. 

However before Riley could reach the car, a giant black wolf attacked him, it snarled furiously as the red head turned to look behind her. 

She had known that when she chose to target Sophia that there was a chance that the pack of mutts would try and stop her; she bared her teeth as she realised that she had to act quickly. 

"Victoria," Riley shouted knowing that she would risk her life for what she wanted, she would have another chance but they had to leave now otherwise they would be killed. 

Victoria gritted her teeth looking at Riley, her grip tightening on Sophia knowing she wouldn't get another chance; she had to turn Bella's cousin now if she wanted her plan to work.

A silver wolf snarled stepping out of the forest, his dark brown eyes focusing on the red head leech that was holding his imprint; he stepped forward threateningly knowing that she wouldn't hurt his imprint. 

Sophia made a small noise as Victoria released her, her eyes focusing on the giant silver wolf as she slowly dropped to the floor as she wondered what the hell was going on. 

Sophia watched as the giant wolf moved to protect her as Victoria turned on her heel and fled in a flash, she weaved through the wolves as she escaped from the road knowing that this wasn't over. 

"Sophia," called a voice as the blonde took deep breathes, she turned to see who had spoken only to be pulled to her shaky legs by Embry, who was looking at her concerned. 

Embry looked at the silver wolf and nodded his head, he would look after Sophia until he got back knowing that the wolf wanted to get Victoria for what had happened. 

"What is going on?" Sophia whispered looking at Embry, she couldn't stop herself from shaking and Mia's cries were still ringing in her ears. 

Embry shook his head knowing that this wasn't the time or place to tell her, he knew that she deserved an explanation and Paul would be the one to tell her when he came back.

***

Emily carefully handed Sophia a hot drink knowing that the blonde must be in shock, she had been nearly killed by a vampire and now knew about the supernatural. 

Sam looked at his fiancée as he held Mia knowing that Sophia was in no state right now to deal with the infant, she'd had a nasty shock and needed to focus on herself for a moment. 

Sam had called Charlie to inform him that Emily had asked Sophia for some help with wedding planning; he knew that he couldn't allow the chief of police to see his niece like this, it would only raise questions. 

"So vampires are real and so are werewolves?" Sophia whispered softly looking at the pack, Paul was sat across the room from her watching her concerned. 

The pack had informed her about the tribal legends since they had no choice to tell after what had happened with Victoria; they knew that she deserved to know since she was an imprint. 

Sam nodded his head watching at Sophia concerned, he had accidentally mauled Emily leading her to find out about the tribal legends and she had gone on to accept them. 

Then there was Jared's imprint had grown up around them and had been excited about being an imprint, she had also gone on to accept being a part of the pack.

Sophia snorted with laughter, she couldn't help herself as she rested her head in her hands and started to laugh out loud. 

Paul stepped forward as the rest of the pack looked at Sophia a little amused and concerned for her; they hadn't expected her to start laughing about any of this. 

"Of course, Paul gets the weird one," Embry joked nudging Jared in the side, he ignored the look that Paul shot him as he moved closer to sit beside his laughing imprint. 

Emily raised an eyebrow at Sam wondering if maybe they should call Sue, the blonde was very clearly in shock if she thought that this was something to laugh about. 

"What are you laughing about?" Paul asked carefully as Sophia wiped tears from her eyes, he wasn't sure how to feel about her laughing like this; she didn't even know about imprinting yet and she wouldn't for a while.

Sophia shook her head as she took a deep breath to try and calm herself, the blonde still couldn't believe that she had been attacked by a vampire. 

"How is this all real?" Sophia asked curiously, she didn't understand how the supernatural creatures could go around without being noticed; it just didn't make any sense to her. 

Paul eyed his imprint as he wondered if being good with weird a family trait since Bella, also seemed to be good with this sort of thing. 

"We don't know," Sam said with a shrug, he shifted his hold on Mia knowing that this wasn't what anyone was expecting from Sophia; she had been attacked by Victoria and they had worried how she would react.

"What did she want?" Sophia asked curiously, she didn't know why a vampire would have attacked her like that; there had to be a reason that she had been targeted like that. 

Jacob shifted uncomfortably knowing that Sophia was going to be far from happy when she learnt that it was because of Bella; he only hoped that the blonde would be supportive of her cousin and not shout at her. 

"She's after Bella," Sam revealed watching Sophia, she had every right to be angry at her cousin since Bella was the one the red haired leech was after. 

Jacob frowned as he watched Sophia knowing that she would want to know why, he knew that Bella had been stupid to date the Cullen and now she was paying for it. 

"What the hell did Bella do to anger a vampire?" Sophia asked knowing that her cousin was plain and boring, she still didn't know why Jacob seemed so taken with her. 

Paul looked at Sam they needed to tell her about the Cullens, he wanted his imprint to have knowledge that could protect her; he didn't want Victoria getting the upper hand again. 

Sophia chewed on her lip, she wasn't going to like what they were about to tell her but she needed to know the complete truth.