Chapter Forty-Two: The Surprise Letter

Bella smirked strolling over to Mike as she thought about what she had learnt the day before and she was glad that she had. Bella couldn't believe her luck when she had heard Fiona's little confession about who Austin's father was.

Bella crossed her arms knowing that Mike would do what she wanted if he didn't want anyone to learn his dirty little secret; she had a feeling that this was just what she needed right now.

"Hi Bella," Mike greeted sorting through his locker to find his textbook for his next class; he didn't want to be late since it was a revision class before finals.

There were only so many weeks left of school and then he would be heading to University of Washington, he was looking forward to a brand new start and he wouldn't have to worry about ever seeing his mistake again.

Mike was still furious that Fiona had kept the baby and he knew that if anyone discovered the truth then his life would be over.

"Hi Austin... sorry I mean Mike," Bella replied smugly seeing the colour drain from Mike's face as he turned to look at her and she knew that she had him now.

Bella hadn't known quite what she wanted to do with the information until she had heard from Edward how Paul was visiting again that night; she wanted her cousin to get in trouble so her wolf boyfriend wouldn't be able to come up to the house anymore.

"I'm sorry... it's just he looks so much like you, like father and son," Bella teased smiling innocently up at Mike knowing that he would help her make sure that Sophia knew her place.

Bella didn't like the fact that her cousin was still on good terms with the pack when they refused to welcome her in anyway and she wanted to put an end to it.

"How did you find out?" Mike asked through gritted teeth as he clenched his hands, if she were to tell anyone then his life would be finished.

"It doesn't matter," Bella stated simply preparing to blackmail Mike, she was thrilled that this was working out so well for her and she hoped that this would keep Mike as a lapdog for a little while.

Bella knew just what was at stake for her friend and there was no way that Mike would risk it all for a child that he'd had by accident with a younger teenager.

However Bella wasn't expecting Mike to launch himself at her and pin her against one of the lockers, she could hear the entire corridor go silent as her brown eyes stared up in fear at Mike.

Bella felt fear consume her as she suddenly realised that vampires and werewolves weren't the most dangerous things in Forks and she had made a very large mistake in coming to blackmail Mike alone without any back-up.

***

Charlie sighed staring at the fancy envelope that sat on the kitchen table, he wasn't even surprised that the letter had come to his home.

Charlie had known from the moment that Sophia had arrived in Forks that there was a chance that this would happen; he knew that there was no way that woman would not do this.

"Morning Charlie," Sophia greeted coming downstairs carrying Mia, she didn't notice her uncle's troubled look as she moved to set her daughter into the high chair before heading to make some breakfast.

Sophia felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders overnight and she was glad that Paul had stayed with her even if she hadn't told him about Fiona's secret yet.

"Soph could you sit down please," Charlie murmured looking at his niece knowing that he had to give her the letter, it would be her choice what she would do with it but he worried about what the consequences could be.