Chapter Fifty-One: Mia's Father

"Aren't you meant to be in military school?" Sophia asked stepping outside with Jason to speak with him privately, even if she knew the entire pack would still be able to hear what was being said. 

Sophia crossed her arms turning to look at her ex-boyfriend, she couldn't believe that her uncle had brought him here without warning her. 

Jason sighed watching at Sophia, he had known from the moment that he had realised that her birthday was coming up that he needed to see her; they had been together for a year before he had gotten her pregnant. 

"I ran away," Jason mumble simply, his brown eyes watching Sophia closely, there was something different about his ex and he knew life had changed the two of them. 

The two had so many plans that they had wanted to do when they had graduated and Jason had finally come to a decision; he wanted to run away with Sophia and Mia. 

"Do you remember when we used to talk about going back-packing in Europe?" Jason asked walking closer to Sophia, he didn't want to listen to his parents lies anymore and he didn't want to be without her any longer. 

Sophia was his first love and they could raise their daughter alone together if they were just given the chance; they would make Mia into such a wonderful person and wouldn't have anything to worry about. 

"Let's go... me, you and Mia," Jason said eagerly knowing that if they were in Europe then his parents wouldn't be able to stop him seeing Mia; he wanted to be a father and a good boyfriend. 

Sophia blinked staring at Jason, she was surprised by what he was saying and he had no idea what he was talking about. 

"Jace... I can't," Sophia whispered looking at him sadly, she couldn't understand what had brought all of this on but she had a feeling that he had no idea that she had moved on with her life.

Jason frowned at her words, he didn't know why she was refusing him but it made him worry what might have happened while he had been in military school. 

"Of course we can... you, me and Mia living on the road just like we always planned," Jason said trying to convince Sophia to come with him. 

Sophia sighed offering him a sad smile, she had outgrown their past relationship because she was a mother now; Sophia was being practical and what Jason wanted just couldn't happen. 

Jason was thinking like any other teenager would, he was thinking of living rough and living each day as it came and they couldn't do that anymore. 

"I have a new boyfriend," Sophia admitted softly watching Jason sadly, she would always love him in some way as he was Mia's father but she had moved on with her life. 

Jason hadn't been around for nearly nine months now and he had no idea how hard it had been to raise Mia; he hadn't been there and had no idea how to be a father. 

Jason frowned at her words, he had heard from his parents that Sophia had moved on but he had hoped they were just saying that; they had told him that she'd given Mia away for adoption but that was clearly a lie. 

***

Jacob smiled as he sat talking with Fiona, he couldn't even bring himself to care that they were being watched by Bella. 

For the first time in a long time, he actually felt happy and in the nine days since he had imprinted he had given himself some time to get over Bella before he had tried anything with Fiona. 

Of course, Jacob had spent a little time talking to her especially after she had moved to La Push since her parents had thrown her out. 

Jacob was relieved that she would be moving in with Sophia, he would be able to keep a better eye on her since the blonde was in on the pack secret; he knew he owed her for that one.