Chapter 46: Epilogue

Heya friends! So let me finish this last chapter! I hope you will have a smile at the end of one of our last chapters!

Serena's POV

Sultan kept his word. He ensured that my parents were given a grand welcome where he asked for my hand.

Again, I had kept some conditions in front of Sultan when we were alone. And made him sign the agreement.

"Don't you trust my verbal promise?" He asked me.

"I do. But I wish to have peace of my mind" I had said.

The contact included the conditions. A few significant ones were him not marrying any other women, not having any other lover, my children being raised by me only (Ottomon empire required the King's women to hand over their children to tutors for their training and upbringing) and me being a free women, meaning thereby that I would be allowed to get out of the palace any time I want. I was in no mood to compromise my freedom.

"It feels like my freedom has been curbed with the marriage." Sultan joked before signing the contract. My family was overwhelmed learning about it. (Though my father was angry with me keeping him dark about my feelings for Sultan but he eventually agreed.)

A day before our wedding, Sultan announced that Ali was the permanent Vizar of the Kingdom. I was given a few important areas to administer. Those areas included judiciary, exports, law, taxes, crises management, treasury, women empowerment, management and agriculture.

Thankfully, Valide Sultan promised me that she would ensure that I would got all the possible resources. I asked for her active involvement in women empowerment process so that she could ensure that women in the society weren't repressed. She agreed.

Our marriage was a simple ceremony. I wanted to send a message of having a dowry-free simple wedding straight to the society. Though it took an effort to make Valide Sultan understand the relevance of simple marriage. She wanted to celebrate marriage with full magnificence. So we asked her to donate money to the poor people who were recently affected by the floods. She agreed.

"You were meant to be my Sultana." Sultan reminded me of the joke after the wedding rituals were over.

"I told you so when we met." I winked at him.

"And we knew that from the day you both started fighting." Ali winked back.

"Yeah. Besides one question is pending to answer." whispered Sultan in my ears when no one was watching us.

I was reminded of our conversation two nights ago. A blush crept into my face. It took me 12 hours to realise what he meant.

I was getting ready in my chambers when I heard the door knock.

"You may enter!" I shouted thinking that it was any of my female servants. Helping me to dress up for my night of consummation.

Then entered Sultan.

"What are you doing here?" I was shocked to see him. He was looking like a chiselled God even in his normal wear. He had shed off his wedding attire and seemed to be ready for the night.

Heya people! Please wait for a few moments for the epilogue part 2