Chapter 1: The era

Author's POV

Hello everyone. I just want to give a preview of the story and its landscape. You see, I must make you understand the situation so that you can understand the story and my characters better.

Salim is a young ruler of Tartarus (meaning "hell" in Farsi)kingdom. He is a strong, ambitious and generous ruler who aims to convert his kingdom into Zion (paradise). However, he is stuck into a vicious cycle of scheming bureaucrats, power-hungry ministers and mentors having questionable intentions.

To encourage the continued lineage of the dynasty, his mother (referred to as Queen Mother) Valid Sultana gifts him a harem full of beautiful captured women who can be his concubines and produce babies.

Serena is a free-minded rebel who believes in being her own master of fate. Despite having education a far cry for women in that era, her family ensures that she is well educated. Serena is well-versed with many languages and culture. She is taught to be fearless and generous.

She resents the pathetic treatment of women in the harem. While the harem is a symbolic status of the Sultan's power and wealth , it gives poor treatment to the women. They are deprived of freedom and required to simply satisfy the Sultan and produce his babies.

Watch how our cool and calm Serena crushes the evil system (since its a historical fiction, I am not using the words "sassy" and "swag") and ensure that the empire runs in a right direction.