Chapter 39:- Night

Serena's POV

"Ahh, what are you doing?" I exclaimed with shock as Sultan pushed me inside the room and locked the door from within.

It was a late night when was awakened from my sleep. There was a loud pounding on the door of my chambers. I wondered who it could be.

To my surprise, it was Sultan. As soon as I opened the door, he gently pushed me and came inside. After locking the door within.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I asked him.

"Well, I was thinking about you." he gave me a boyish grin. Not after gently grabbing my waist, pulling me against the wall and kissing my lips with utmost urgency.

"I wanted something as a memento before I go to the war." he winked.

"So? So are you going to fight the war?" I asked him. There was a small fear of losing him. It was playing in the back of my mind. I felt a bit (no actually a lot) worried when he voiced my fears.

" of course. Though the rulers are not required to take a part in part, the opposite kingdom has the gifted warriors. The battle is going to be tough. It is better if my warriors get my leadership from the battlefield itself." he tried to explain.

But my mood was sour. From the worry. I didn't say anything.

"You wanted to be the next Sultana right?" He reminded me of the joke. "Well, the life of Sultana consist of sending her husband into the battlefield with the fear of his life. This is one of the cons of being a ruler. We have no option but to accept it." He said.

"This is one of the instances where I find the life of a common man better." I pointed out.

"Nope. I don't. The common men do not write history. The warriors do. Besides, if we lose, the foreign kings are going to plunder and destroy the towns anyways. and common men? They are going to be helpless. I would rather die serving my motherland rather than die at the mercy of plunderers." He said.

I thought he was right. Before I could agree, he picked me up and threw me on the bed. Wrapped me in his arms. The windows of my chamber were open leading to moonlight entering into my dark chamber. It helped me to see the face of the Sultan. He looked handsome as ever.

I put my head at the hollow of his neck. While he kissed my forehead.

I was still worried about the impending war. He was worried about how I would be able to handle such a humongous task. We decided to trust each other's capabilities and pray to Lord that we both would be able to meet each other after a few days.

"I am glad you came here before leaving the kingdom." I said.

"Let's hope I will remain alive to return and make you mine forever."