Chapter 38:- Time to Work!

Serena's POV

In the midst of receiving a heroic welcome, we reached to the palace. After a few hours of rest, I, Ali and Sultan had a meeting in the palace library. The place where I sneaked into the accounts of the treasury. The guard identified me but I showed him my snicker. Now he couldn't chase me away.

"I apologise for fragmenting your successful trip. But this matter is of utmost importance." He said.

"We understand. Please proceed to tell us what is the issues." Said Sultan.

"Actually there are two issues that require your leadership. The first issue concerns the upcoming floods that will torment the hundreds of neighbouring villages. We expect the flood to be in full-fledged form within the next 10 days. The second issue concerns the threat from the neighbouring kingdom. They have threatened us to surrender or they will attack us." He said.

"I have caliber to handle the issues. But I am afraid that I should not take any steps regarding both the issues without both of your consultation." Said Ali.

Sultan looked at me with surprise. Ofcourse, as per the rule, I was still the ruler of the kingdom. It was the eight day. The ten days had not lapsed yet.

"I would love to hear your views." Said Sultan.

"We can divide both the issues. You handle the battles like you do. I shall handle the floods because it was my idea to shelter the natives in our empty forts." I said.

"And what's my role in this." Asked Ali.

"You play the most important role. While Sultan shall fight in the battlefield and I shall work with the villagers to set up the shelters, you will stay in the palace and communicate with us. Make sure that all our orders are complied with in the minimum time possible." Said Sultan.

"Yes. Make sure that all the resources are supplied to us on time." I said.

We talked in detail about our experiences of touring in disguise to Ali. (Barring the kissing episodes)

"Let's have a good night sleep today. I am calling an urgent meet tomorrow dawn. It's time we all join hands to fight against the crises." I said.

As we exited the library, Sultan smiled at me and waved me a good night. Ali grinned at me teasingly.

"Is there something which I should know but I have not been told yet?" he teased me.

I didn't reply. Simply stopped me from blushing and laughing off his comment as a joke.

"I am glad that you honoured my request of giving my brother some of your precious time. Though I feel that I am fairly accurate about the verdict of your relationship with him, I shall wait for the time when you both will make the announcement," he said. This time he wasn't teasing me. He sounded serious.

"Pardon me pasta, what announcement are you talking about?" I asked him. Trying to feign ignorance of what he meant. Though I got an idea of what he was saying.

"Nothing. Only time will tell." he smiled. And waved me good night.

I went to my chambers and mentally planned my next few days. I decided not to think about my relationship with Sultan. I had a crisis to face. Such things can be put to the backburner.