Chapter 13:- Setting him straight

Sultan's POV

I wish I had watched my tongue. I spoke out something very suddenly. It wasn't time to say that. I wanted to win her heart first and then tell her about it. But I couldn't restrain myself.

"What did you say just right now?" I asked him.

"Well nothing." I felt nervous. Imagine. An all powerful Sultan feeling nervous in front of a little headstrong devil.

"Don't lie I heard you." She said. Then she crossed her hands, tapped her feet and glaring at me in the same time.

"Until and unless you do not tell me what that meant, I won't let you sleep!" She tried to threaten me.

"It's okay. I love your company." I grinned at her.

"Don't you want a good night's sleep?" She asked me.

"You have already stole my good night's sleep." I almost muttered to myself. Earlier I had so many women to chose as my bed partner and now... I was sleeping alone.

"I know what you are referring to. But I hate the fact that you hold the women against their wishes, deny them of their independence and make them fight amongst themselves." She pointed out.

"Wait, I never ask them to fight amongst themselves." I corrected her. Though the earlier points about independence were true.

"Do they have any other option? They have to please, yield your baby just in order to stay relevant or else they will perish within the four walls." She seemed to emit a fury.

"If they don't end up marrying me, I make sure that they get married to any of my high ranking ministers. Besides, I can legally wed a women and make her my sultana. And she would be free women. She could roam around anywhere." I tried to defend myself.

"So? What about the other women who aren't your lawfully wedded wives? Also, If you didn't want them in the first place, you should not have abducted them. Now they have to marry some ruthless minister chosen by you!" She said. Before I could protest, I saw her facing towards the city, lost deep into her thoughts.

"Do you know how priceless the independence is for a girl? Freedom to fall in love, freedoms to live the way you want; freedom to chose your own soulmate and freedom to die in midst of your family and friends! You deny it to every women who is present here! Even if they choose to live the lives of nuns, there will always be a restrictions to meet their own parents. However being nun was the best option that they had in order to escape the life within the four wall." She looked at me and spoke up.

"So what do I do? Never end up having a baby?" He asked.

"Do what normal people do! Marry a woman  and yield her children who become direct ascendant to your throne! Atleast there won't be any murders in the precinct!" She spoke up and left me alone in my chambers, shutting the door loudly behind me. If anyone else would have been in her place, I would have murdered her. But for some reason, she challenged me by attacking me with common sense and logic. It took me hours of brainstorming before I could peacefully fall asleep.