Chapter 13. Mixed feelings

I reached school early so I can talk to Iris, this is something I will be doing very often from now onwards.

"Geeze! Cameron you can't give me a break." Iris rolled her eyes as I sat down next to her.
"I just want to spend time with you, you know people can die at any moment, you could get hit by a car or die because of a terminal sickness." I reply.
"Ah I see, touché." We both laugh.
"Just out of curiosity, did you really cry?" She asks.
"Uhmm n-no."
"What?" She says softly.
"Maybe like one tear dropped."
"Hehe!! I knew it!" She laughs.
"Pfttt! Whatever."

I still can't believe she actually pulled such a prank on me, she has a strange sense of humor but for some reason I kinda like it. Well that's probably because I like her so of course I like here sense of humor. I'm beginning to notice that I like to many aspects of Iris, I feel stupid and I hate that I'm falling hard for her but it doesn't even seem like she's stumbling for me, this whole situation is the best situation I have ever been in.

During break I decided to chill with Kiki because the guys were driving me crazy. My crush on Iris seems to be causing to much trouble. Most of the gents believe that Andrew is cock blocking me which is absurd because I have not noticed anything but the others are quite certain that Andrew is going to steal her from me (and I don't think something can be stolen if it's not yours), I just don't like talking such talk about my best friend (but I do still see him as a threat).
I updated Kiki and he surprisingly sided with the gents on the fact that he is cock blocking and is a threat but he did say his not sure if he is doing everything intentionally, him doing it unintentionally would make it even worse because his not even trying to beat me and he just is.

"So what should I do?" I ask
"Carry on doing what you are doing, carry on getting close to her and maybe make your intentions clear."
"Are you crazy she will stop talking to me if I do."
"Do it soon or end up in the friend zone."

I can't tell her I like her that is a terrible idea. What if she never speaks to me again? What if she tells everyone at school that I'm trying to go out with her? This could go wrong in so many different ways! As I thought of how everything could go wrong my heart started racing and my body started trembling.

"Hey, I know what your thinking and it's going to be okay, worst case scenario she stops talking to you. Your a great guy Cameron and there are a lot of girls that will go out with you." Kiki managed to cheer me up and now I'm actually going to do it.

During Afrikaans I did some thinking and I reached a conclusion. I will tell Iris I like her but I will not ask her out because I don't think we are that close yet. Secondly I will try to calm the gents down because Andrew is our bro and Bros stay Bros for life.

When the bell rang it was time to go to physics but when I reached my physics class I found a gift from God. I had substitution!!!
I don't know how subs works in other countries but in South Africa we get a free period but we have to stay in the class with a teacher that is sent to make sure we don't go crazy.
To make things better we got Miss Tina as our teacher, she allowed us to roam around the field and on top of that the was another class on the field for subs with another teacher and in that class was the rest of the squad. Some were bunking other classes but we were all there.

On our way to the field Iris, Andrew, Ken, Uveshan, John and I were talking and laughing and it was during that convo that I noticed something.

"Iris when we get married I will take care of you." I joked.
"My sister is independent she doesn't need you to take care of her." Andrew said.
"Yeah I don't need assistance thank you very much." Iris added.

Oh yeah Iris and Andrew recently started to say they are related, Andrew is now Iris's little brother. At first I was excited because I thought that he was not a problem anymore for sure, clearly I was mistaken.
He some how managed to turn all my quirky comments against me, how diabolical.

We had a few more incidents but sadly the incidents stopped.

"Come on girl us Chelsea supporters got to stick together." I said as I stood up from the stands.
"You seriously pulling that card." Iris replied.
"Imagine Sis how dare he, you should just leave." Bloody Andrew added.
"Your right I should go, and maybe I will start supporting Tottenham."
"Can I at least help you carry your books." I offered.
"She doesn't need help." He added.
"Boy bye." Iris walked away to the other side of the field.

I looked at Andrew with a look so deadly he raised his hands.

"Dude that was beyond cock blocking, you set up the bloody great wall." Ken says while I scroll down my phone looking for a song to listen to.
"What come on guys I didn't cock block." Andrew puts down his hands.
"Yeah you didn't cock block you cock destroyed." Wayne giggled.

I set my music on high and listened to STARGAZING by Travis Scott.

I completely zoned out and walked away and ignored Andrew when he tried to apologise so he knows how much I hated what he did.

On the way home Wayne explained everything that happened to the Bloubosrand gents because they were playing soccer when it happened. I really didn't care or pay attention to what they said because I was still pissed off.

I got home and managed to relax after I voiced out everything to Bingo who comforted me, it was like she understood the situation.
Once again cooled of I built up the courage to text Iris.

Cameron:
Iris I need to tell you something... I have a crush on you, I just thought you should know my intentions and if you don't want to talk to me anymore it's cool.

Typing...

Oh damn she's already typing.

Iris:
Nah bruv it's cool I understand.

Wahh!!

Cameron:
So your not going to stop talking to me?

Iris:
I don't want to stop talking to you

YESS!!!