21. helps

noah parked his car beside the road and ran straight up to the beach. it was dark so to say it wasn't hard to find dixie would be an understatement.

after looking around for solid 3 minutes, he finally saw a woman figure under the tree, facing the sea.

noah let out a relieved sigh, knowing well that it was dixie because of the messy bun, and walked to dixie's way.

"dixie..." he slowly said, sitting down beside him.

he almost didn't notice the tears running down dixie's cheeks until dixie let out a deep sob.

"he cheated on me.." dixie tried to sound normal when saying that, wiping her tears.

"griffin?" noah asked for confirmation.

dixie looked at him, with teary eyes, and nodded.

"h-how did you know?" noah asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"well, we went to the party everyone was going..
h-he kissed someone infront of me." dixie shrugged, still acting strong.

noah amused at dixie's acting, then slowly pulling her into a side hug and gently rubbed her hair. that was when dixie bursted out crying.

"does emily know this?" he asked as dixie just shook her head no.

in the back of his mind, he knew he had to do something about it but right now, he just wanted to comfort dixie.

———————————————————

while everyone was enjoying themselves at the party, jordan stumbled out of the bathroom, putting on his shirt. he then made his way to the kitchen, taking another bottle of beer and chugged it down, ignoring the burning pain.

deep down, he knew himself that emily would never be his but there was just something keep telling him that he should just keep trying.

from across the house, devyn looked at jordan with drink in her hands. debating on whether or not she should talk to him. without even thinking, she walked straight to jordan who was still standing by the table.

"hi!" devyn said cheerfully.

jordan looked at her up and down before saying "hi" back.

"why do you look so rough?" devyn asked.

"none of your business" jordan said taking another gulp of the beer.

"is it because of emily?" devyn asked acting oblivious, checking her acrylics nails while asking.

"w-what?" jordan asked, surprised as devyn just smirked before saying, "everyone knows you're a simp for her.. i could help you though"

jordan snickered and shook his head.

"help? what?" jordan said, chuckling to himself as devyn rolled her eyes.

"you know what, that's it, i'm not helping you"devyn said with harsh tone, starting to walked away before jordan quickly stopped her.

"wait.. i don't know what and how you're going to help, but i'm in" jordan said, making devyn smirked to herself as her tactic worked.

————————————————————

a/n

ILL POST TWO CHAPTERS TODAY SOOO YEAHH!!! ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCHJJ FOR 9K AND NOW WE ARE ABOUT TO HIT 10K OMG!!!