2. annoyed

all their ways to the sway house, they jammed to jaden's songs. as they reached the mansion, dixie parked the car by the garage and they both were greeted by griffin.

"hi guys!" griffin said before pulled dixie into a hug and awkwardly waved to emily.

"hi, is noah home?" emily asked as they started walking inside the house.

"yeah, he's at the pool with vinnie" griffin said, while they were walking by the stairs.

"vinnie? vinnie hacker?" dixie asked.

"yeah, he came and stayed for like a week now" griffin said.

"is he joining the house?" dixie asked and was answered with a shrug by griffin.

"who's vinnie?" emily asked looking at both of them awkwardly.

"me, i'm vinnie." a new voice was heard behind emily and she turned around to be met with a probably 6'0 man with wet brown hair. he also a bit tuff and got towel wrapped around his waist.

"oh sorry, i'm emily." emily introduced herself as dixie and griffin just shrugged and walked away, leaving them two alone.

awkward silence crept in before vinnie started talking again. "you're looking for noah?" he asked.

"yeah" emily shortly replied.

"he's at the pool, i'm sure waiting for you." vinnie said with a smile as emily tried to looked everywhere else but at his beautiful face.

"alright, thank you" emily said before walking toward the back door.

"you're welcome. i'll see you around" vinnie said before he walked away while running his hands through his wet hair.

emily shook her head before continued walking to the sway's pool and looked around for noah.

"boo!" noah jumped out of the bush behind emily , causing her to jumped a little.

"fudge you!" emily said before hitting noah's bare chest lightly.

"woah, calm down!" noah said, still laughing.

"you're lucky i don't have a weak ass heart, or else you might have to answer the media as to why i'm dead" emily rolled her eyes at noah before walking to the pool to sit and dipped her foots in the hot water.

"chill, i'm sorry" noah said, taking a towel from the chair in the backyard to damped his hair.

"what are we doing today?" noah asked, sitting beside emily who was looking out at the view in front of them.

"chilling" emily shrugged.

"here?" noah asked.

"yes" emily confirmed.

"what have you been doing today?" emily started the convo.

"work out as usual. then swim until now" noah said, laughed a little at the end.

"no wonder you looked rough" emily said giggling.

"why thank you" noah rolled his eyes as emily laughed.

"really though, maybe you shouldn't work out so much. sunlight is nice but you don't have to over take it" emily advices.

noah looked at emily who was now already looked at the view in front of them again before shrugging.

"let's go inside. i'll make us something to eat."noah said, standing up.

emily looked up to noah who was towering over her and asked "how did you know i haven't eat anything?"

"i've known you for months now, and i am a good friend so of course i do" noah said, offering his hand for emily to take. gratefully, emily took it and noah helped her to stand up.

ignoring the tension, both of them walked in the house to be met with bryce and blake screaming. as per usual.

"oh hey emily, i didn't know you were here" bryce said with a smile.

"hey, haha it's okay" emily said as they walked to the kitchen.

both josh and nessa were there eating chipotle and nessa quickly waved her hand to emily.

"when did you get here?" nessa asked, walking towards emily to give her a hug. "10 minutes ago, i think" emily said.

noah who was standing in front of their big fridge looked at emily and asked "what do you want to eat? i can make sandwiches for us two"

"sandwich would be great, but make it three please"

all four of them turned and looked at the voice from the kitchen's door. vinnie who was already has his clothes on but still with a wet hair was standing there.

noah just rolled his eyes as response as emily took a seat across from josh who was scrolling through his phone.

"where's buddy?" emily asked josh.

josh looked up, with his hair covering his eyes and said "jaden and mads take him out, i'm sorry for that dog, have to see them both making out all day long"

emily shook her head with a little bit of laughter before she stopped when a chair beside her was pulled out. she looked up to see vinnie already sitting beside her.

"the seat is empty right?" vinnie asked.

"technically yes, but i was supposed to sit there!" noah said, turning around from making sandwiches to the man with brown hair.

"i'm sure your girl can talk for herself, mr really obsess." emily scoffed at vinnie's words as she said, "excuse me, i am not his girl."

"but you didn't deny the part where i called him obsess" vinnie smirked as noah rolled his eyes.

"he can talk about that for himself" emily said before turning away from vinnie and pulled out her phone from her jeans pocket.

"your girl's grumpy"

that earned vinnie a light smack on his left shoulder from emily as noah, nessa and josh just shook their heads and laughed.

"that hurts!" vinnie whined.

"as it should!" emily rolled her eyes.

"why do you hate me? first you don't even know me and now you're hurting me physically!" vinnie dramatically said.

"first of all, i don't hate you! secondly, i'm sorry i'm not on the "hot boys" side of tiktok!" vinnie gasped dramatically again before saying "you think i'm hot! noah, did you hear that?!"

"never mind, i hate you now" emily sighed.

"doesn't change the fact that you think i'm hot though" vinnie winked even though he knew emily wasn't even looking his way.

"alright you two, stop arguing and eat your sandwiches" noah stepped in between both vinnie and emily and sat the sandwiches infront of them before emily started throwing hands.

"actually, never mind. i'm not hungry anymore" vinnie said before standing up, making noah groaned.

"you could've told me sooner!" noah said.

"i'll take it!" bryce came in and said, quickly taking the sandwich and left making noah shook his head.

"sometimes i don't even know why i joined this house" noah sighed sitting down vinnie's chair.

"nice to talk to you, mrs i forgot your name" vinnie whispered to emily and quickly sprint away, scared if emily would hit him like earlier.

as he walked out the kitchen and to the living room, he mumbled "grumpy, but cute" with a smile on his face