1. LA life

she will be loved- maroon 5
+ the one that got away-brielle von hugel

it's been almost a year

almost a year without cuddles, late nights gossip, stargazing, with robbie. emily been feeling a lot better than she was few  months ago, but of course, she still thinks about robbie.

"emily, is it true that you have already moved on from Robbie?" emily was disturbed by fletcher, the hollywood fix guy when she was walking around LA. to be honest, she didn't even notice he was there.

"no." she shortly replied.

"then what's going on with people saying that you have been getting closer with Noah Beck?"fletcher asked, not satisfied with emily's answer earlier.

"we're friends and i don't feel like wanting to get into a relationship any sooner. i'm focusing on my mental health first" emily answered still walking while typing a quick message to dixie.

dixie🖤
can u come and get me at the Starbucks we always hang out at? fletcher is here.

she sent.

not so long then, dixie replied and said she was on her way.

"how are you doing though? are you feeling better?" fletcher asked with worries.

"i'm doing fine. what about you? have you had lunch?" emily asked as it was 1 in the afternoon.

"nah not yet but i'm great,thank you" fletcher smiled.

emily quickly looked in her backpack and took out a chocolate flavoured bread and passed it to fletcher.

"you can have it, i don't want you to get sick. it's hot and i don't see you bringing any water so do you maybe want a Starbucks drink?" emily asked. even though fletcher sometimes really annoying, she would never forget her moto which was "treat people with kindness" that was made by harry styles.

"it's okay emily thank you very much. this is enough." fletcher said, grateful for emily's kindness.

emily smiled as she saw dixie's car parked right in front of them. saying goodbye to fletcher, she walked towards the black car and hopped in.

"hi, was he bothering you?" dixie asked.

"nah, he was just asking me some questions and stuffs" emily shrugged.

"okay then. where do you wanna go? i'm free today." dixie said smilingly.

that brought a big smile to emily's face. lately, dixie been really busy with her song that she will be releasing and they hardly had time to spend together.

"are you sure? i can hangout with you at the studio, don't worry" emily said.

that made dixie let out a sigh, "i still have something to talk about with my manager about the song. are you really okay with coming along?" dixie asked.

emily smiled before nodding.

when they reached the studio and dixie parked, they walked out together and onto the studio that was right beside the road.

"hi dixie, hi emily, how are you doing?" dixie's manager, Ben, asked.

"i'm fine. how are you?" emily said, shaking her hand with ben.

"i'm great! dixie, are you ready to talk about the song?" ben asked, looking at dixie.

"yeah, of course. you can join us too em" dixie offered but kindly rejected by emily with reason "not wanting to disturb them". dixie nodded before saying "i'll make it up okay?" as emily nodded as response.

while both dixie and ben were talking, emily wandered around the studio and stopped by the recording section. she noticed that the mic was on so she went inside the small area and sat down by the chair.

there was also a small piano, so emily went straight to it and started messing with the keys. when she was eight, she learned how to play piano but stopped at thirteen as her classmates were bullying here.

with small and melodic hums, she started singing random words.

"summer after high school, when we first met,
we made out to your mustang, to radio head,
and on my eighteen birthday, we got matching tattoos" she sang melodically.

flashback

"em, if we could get any tattoos right now, what would it be?" robbie asked randomly one day when they were hanging out in robbie's room.

emily who was laying on her back plopped up and think. "as in matching tattoos?" emily asked.

"yeah" robbie answered. 

"does cat and dog match?" emily asked.

"i think?" robbie said.

"then i would obviously get a cat tattoo. and you would have to get the dog's because you're more of a dog person and out going. and i'm a cat because i'm cute" emily said giggling.

"nah, cats are grumpy" robbie said.

"cutely" emily still with her opinions while robbie shook his head. he then stood up and got his mustang's key by the side table.

"wait, where are you going?" emily asked sitting up. 

"cmon, we're getting them then!" robbie excitedly said.

"what about our parents?" emily asked.

"they would be fine!" robbie reassured her.

end of flashback.

"used to steal your parents liquors, and climbed to the roof, talked about our future, like we had a clue, never planning that one day, i'd be losing you..." she continued, playing memories of robbie and her in her head.

"in another life, i would be your girl, we keep all our promises, be us against the world,
in another life, i would make you stay, so i don't have to say you were the one, that got away, the one that got away"

her sang was stopped when she heard few claps coming in front of her. she quickly looked up to see ben and dixie looking at her with wide smiles and a proud look on dixie's face.

"that's so good, did you write it?" ben asked.

"i didn't. it came out randomly to be honest"emily answered truthfully.

"then you're really talented! do you want it to be recorded?" ben offered.

"nah, i'm fine. i was playing anyway" emily laughed as dixie just looked at her.

"alright then but let me know if you change your mind." ben said before checking the time on his watch.

"girls i have to go, see you soon. nice to meet you emily" ben smiled before leaving dixie and emily by the studio.

"you never told me that you could sing!" dixie said right when they got out of the studio.

"i was just playing back inside!" emily said laughingly.

"but you have talent !!! we can duet oh my god!" dixie excitedly exclaimed.

"haha yeah, i don't wanna get hates if i do sing," emily said, getting in the car, following by dixie.

"hates is normal, people are just jealous of other people's successes." dixie said as emily shrugged.

"where do you wanna go?" dixie asked looking at emily.

"i have to meet up with noah, at the sway house. if that's okay?" emily asked.

"sure! i can catch up with griffin too then!"