prologue ii

play before you go by lewis capaldi :)

2 days has passed, and everyone was wondering about robbie. they all knew he was in the hospital but never knew his condition. truthfully, no one ever spoke up yet about his death. not because they didn't want to, it was because emily was still mourning.

"emily, you have to tell them." her mom, Jenny, said as she watched her daughter laying on the bed with robbie's shirt in her hands.

"n-not yet. it's only been 2 days." emily said not looking at Jenny's face.

"you have to keep moving forward. i'm sure robbie would be sad if he knows how are you doing right now." jenny tried to convinced emily.

"don't you think i know that? everyone keep telling me that but it wasn't you guys who spent a whole year with him. it wasn't you guys who the caused of his death!" emily said sitting up and faced jenny.

"emily! his death wasn't cause by you. it wasn't cause by anyone! cmon em, you can do this. this isn't healthy." jenny said with tears in her eyes. it saddened her to see her only daughter like this.

"i-i'm so sorry mom," emily quickly apologised and hugged her mom.

jenny lovingly caressed emily's brown long hair and pressed few kisses on her head.

"you still have to tell the medias emily, but if you can't, i'll let owen do it" jenny said, referring to her son.

"it's okay, i'll do it tonight. it's selfish of me for acting like this" emily said, raising her head from her mom's chest and wiped her wet face.

"that's my baby. i can stay here with you if you want " jenny said with a soft smile.

"it's alright" emily said slowly.

after jenny took a look at her daughter one more time, she walked out the room and sighed.

"is she okay?" owen who has been standing out the room the whole time asked worriedly.

"she's okay" jenny smiled weakly.

back in the room, after wiping her tears, emily took out her lavender coloured iphone from the wardrobe by her bed and opened instagram, ignoring the messages she got the past few days.

scrolling through an album named "r<3" and picked about three pictures of both her and robbie, she started typing the caption that everyone would read and find out the truth.

emilyrawson: i knew you for three years, and one of those precious years, i got to call you mine

emilyrawson: i knew you for three years, and one of those precious years, i got to call you mine. i know people always said ' good thing always comes to an end ' but i never thought it would be this quick. if i knew you were gonna leave, i would not recommend us to went to the fancy restaurant. because then, i wouldn't be here all alone. robbie, you have been a perfect boyfriend anyone could asked for, and i'm so grateful that you were here with me. i hope you'll be happy up there, please be my guardian angel. i love you v much, always in my heart, robbie morris roket. RIP baby.

@addisonraee: omg no! he was an absolute angel, rip😔
@owen.rawson: 😔 rest in peace brother.
@dixiedamelio: em, i'm here if you need a support or anything, don't be shy to contact me 🥺 rip
@vinniehacker: i'm so sorry for your loss emily, he will surely rest in peace, he was a nice guy
@madimonroe: rest in peace
@rylandstormss: rip bro

after posting it, she received a lot of comments but none of them make her feel any less sad. logging out of her account, she went to the call log and dialled dixie's number.

not even a minute passed, her bestfriend picked up the phone.

"do you want me to come over?" dixie asked after seconds passed and emily still didn't say anything but few sobs.

"please" emily's voice cracked made dixie's heart throbbed even more.

"i'll be there in 10 okay. don't worry" dixie said before she hung up.

emily let out a deep sigh before laying back down on her bed. she knew it was really wrong for her for mourning like this, but she couldn't help but think back to one of the memories they had.

*flashback*

it was almost 12 am, but those two love birds didn't care as they both looked up to the sky with stars all over it. robbie has always loved stargazing, so that night, he decided to brought emily to a park near their neighbourhood.

"i never really knew the sky would be this beautiful" emily said with wide smile.

"well, that's because you only looked at the sky when it's sunset and pretty" robbie said with a small laugh.

"i'm sorry that i'm basic" emily said with a grumpy tone but laughed afterwards.

few silence moments passed when robbie sat up and looked down at his girlfriend who was already looking at him.

"you're beautiful" robbie said as emily blushed.

"you're beautiful!" emily said poking robbie's cheek as he started to leaned down.

"hush you" robbie whispered before pressing a soft and gentle kiss on emily's lips.

as they both were making out, emily smiled and she knew robbie can sensed it as he smiled through the kiss too.

"you're so damn cute, it's hurting" robbie said, pulling away as emily sat up.

"why?" emily asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"knowing that we probably wouldn't last forever, knowing that someone else could get to call you theirs too." robbie sighed.

emily smiled softly at robbie's words as she hugged him from the side and said "bitch, you're my soulmate".

robbie looked at emily as he laughed.

"stop using tiktok's references! i'm on straight tiktok!" robbie said shaking his head, making his hair fell to his forehead.

"sucks to be you i guess" emily said while running her hand through robbie's hair.

"no, lucky to be me because i have you" robbie said as emily softly smiled.

they spent an hour and a half stargazing and talked about their future without feeling like they were wasting their times.

*end of flashback*

end of flashback

*knock knock*

the memories faded as it was knocked out by the knocks on the bedroom door. wiping her tears, emily stood up to opened the door.

before she even got to say anything, dixie pulled her into a tight hug.

"i'm so sorry, emily, i didn't know" dixie apologised as she rubbed her best friend's back.

emily smiled into the hug, knowing that dixie and her friends would always be there with her no matter what.