Chapter 48

Randi

We'd arranged to meet Murdock at lunch. When we arrived at the restaurant I realized Gordon failed to mention that he would be at lunch with his master, Tullis. After I took a minute to think about it, whom else would he be with? If Tullis went out for lunch, he'd have his bodyguard with him.

Confirmation of my deduction came when Gordon told me Murdock would be here with Tullis after I'd returned from scoping the place out and confirming Murdock was there. Why didn't he tell me that before I went in?

Gordon was going to position himself behind Tullis and Murdock; far enough behind so he wouldn't be seen but would be close enough if I needed backup. Why would I need backup? Tullis didn't know I was still alive, and he'd never seen me with Gordon. I was just another face in the crowd to him. I did like the feeling I felt knowing that he wanted to protect me. I just wished he'd stop thinking about me as a daughter.

Zandie and I would go in presumably to have lunch ourselves. I would make my presence known to Murdock then wait until he left the table and excuse myself to use the bathroom. We'd meet at the entry into the restrooms and I'd palm him a small envelope and drop the smart phone which he'd pick up and act as though he were handing it back to me. He'd actually be passing me something else while he pocketed the smart phone. Cool huh? I thought so. I liked this kind of work.

We weren't dressed as we'd normally be, Zandie and I. Our clothes were socialite garb and both of us now had blonde hair. I felt so wrong with straw on my head, but it made us fit in where we were going.

When we approached the hostess, she asked for our reservation.

"We don't have one." Zandie told her.

"I'm sorry, we are full and if you don't have a reservation the wait is two hours." The girl told us.

"Oh, that is too bad." Zandie replied in a lowered casual voice as she turned partially around and moved her hair from her neck so the back could be seen.

She returned to looking at the hostess with more speed then she'd looked away with and smiled.

"I think I may have something, is a center dining table alright?" She asked with a nervous voice and tenuous smile.

"That will be fine, thank you." Zandie turned back enough so she could put her arm across my shoulders. "Come along dear, I knew they'd have a table for us." She said with a smile at me.

We did kind of look like mother and daughter, the blonde hair on both our heads helped, even more than both of us with our natural dark hair would have.

"Will anyone be joining you?" The hostess asked as she seated us.

"No, it'll just be my daughter and I." Zandie answered.

"Yes ma'am." The hostess replied with a small curtsy. "Your waitress will be right with you." She told us then hurried back to the entrance of the restaurant.

Zandie had to flash her guild mark to get us a seat, the hostess probably didn't know it was a guild protected mark, I didn't know that until I was told, but that wouldn't have mattered. Slave guild protected equaled slave guild connections which meant they'd seat Zandie ahead of a regular slave. If she'd asked for a better table, they'd have moved anyone sitting at the table we wanted. Unless of course they happened to be a slave guild member. I wonder if that would've been awkward?

The next question that pawed thru my head was how Gordon was going to get in. Did he have a reservation? If he did, had we just taken it? If we had, how would he get in? I started to get a touch worried, then I calmed myself. He'd already considered these things. He'd get in or have an alternate plan in place. He was very thorough. Thoroughly oblivious to the burning he gave me in the twat. I liked it when he ogled me, looked at my boobs. He liked how my boobs looked. That made me feel good inside.