|Epilogue|

"Ow! Lev!" I exclaimed as the bluenette continued to stick every hair pin she owned—and she owned a lot—into my hair.

"Oh, hush, Luce. This is important." She retorted, and I huffed.

"Well, you know, I wouldn't be so annoyed if the two of you would just tell me what the hell is happening tonight." I sighed, and she giggled maniacally.

"Oh, but that takes the fun out of the surprise." She argued, sliding one final pin into my blonde locks before stepping back and appraising her work. I always hated surprises.

She and Natsu had planned a "night of celebration," only I had no idea what we were celebrating or where. She had been tasked with dressing and dolling me up... And she was liking it a bit too much. Every time I'd fidget or complain, she would exclaim about her not remembering what it was like to be human, and asked that I not ruin her fun.

So I sat in irritation as she pinned my hair into practically a wedding updo, with pearls and tiny black flowers accessorizing it. She also had me in the most extravagant blue dress I'd ever seen: strapless, fitted torso, very high to very low cut, ranging from sky blue at the top to ocean blue at the bottom, and ruffle galore. I sighed. This dress was meant for a runway, not Magnolia.

There was only one occasion I could imagine a dress like this being meant for. It included me and Natsu... And his family, since his siblings were getting even more spruced up than usual.

Only one occasion... But I refused to linger on the assumption.

Levy clapped her hands in excitement, my appearance sending her into a high of pride. I rolled my eyes, sliding the rolling chair I was in back a few paces to grimace at the black ruffled heel she'd fastened on my left foot... The other foot was adorned, still, in a gaudy black cast. I looked ridiculous.

"Come, come, come." She sang, lifting me up far too easily considering her size compared to mine. The strength of mages continued to baffle me. She bent down to ruffle and pat the dress to perfection, and I stood looking turned off completely. Levy looked gorgeous though.

Her short hair was curled tightly into a bob that stopped at her jawline, and was parted at the side. Her makeup made her look fairy-like. She wore a mid-thigh length periwinkle luster dress with a fitted body and off-shoulder straps. Her silver heels were higher than mine, and showcased her amazing legs beautifully. She looked so confident compared to me.

She stuck some black chandelier earrings into my ears as I heard a knock on her and Gajeel's bedroom doorframe. We turned our attention to Natsu and Gajeel, with Happy and a small Pantherlily on their shoulders.

Nothing in this world was as beautiful as Natsu Dragneel in an all black tux. Gajeel came pretty close, wearing a similar outfit, except for his silver silk shirt.

"Knock knock, enter enter." The husky black-haired hunk said, his eyes focused entirely on Levy even with my taller frame and suffocating dress shielding most of her from his line of sight.

Couldn't blame him, my eyes were stuck on Natsu's towering form. The pinkette's eyes looked at me lovingly as he stepped into the room.

Happy chuckled, "You liiike her." He whispered childishly. Natsu thumped him behind his ear, and I chuckled as the tomcat mouthed ow.

"He ain't lying." Natsu said, shaking his head at the sight of me, "You look gorgeous, Luce."

Blush spread across my face immediately, "So do you." I replied, and Gajeel and Pantherlily snorted at the door, "When are you telling me what we're doing?"