Chapter Six

I continued throughout my day, chatting with Levy a bit until the period ended. Cana was right. If the rest of her group came across as she did, then I would definitely be disappointed in the student body. They were normal, like everyone else. They were just so mesmerizing, something that did make you ponder about them, but I never really liked judging books by their covers.

We spoke of how we both loved the art of writing, and appreciated a few great novels. I was very pleased to know my wish to have someone within the creative world to talk to was already fulfilled. She was very articulate, and said she'd written a few stories on her own. I hoped that I would one day be able to read them, but I knew I would have to let her read my sappy and lame books as well. I cringed at the thought.

As class came to a close, she bid me farewell until we saw each other again, and I left at the sound of the bell. As she exited the door, I noticed how Gajeel Redfox had been waiting for her, along with the pink-haired, recognizable jock, Natsu.

I packed up my things quickly to leave when I got a tap on my shoulder. I turned.

"Hey, uh, are you Lucy, by any chance?" An incredibly tanned boy asked. Sharp eyebrows. Pitch black hair. Stern eyes. I recognized him as the other boy who'd followed me last night.

"Um, yeah, that's me." I blushed as he stared at me.

"Ren. I'm friends with Jenny Realight." He said, holding out his hand for me to shake. I obliged, smiling lightly at him while telling him it was a pleasure to meet him, "You need any help? What's your next class?" He asked, and I fished for my schedule.

"Uh, it appears I have Physics with a Mr. Clive..." I said, and he nodded while noticeably rolling his eyes.

"That's my next class. I'll walk you. But only because you asked." Ren scoffed.

"What the hell? I didn't ask for anything." I retorted.

"You shouldn't get so angry, Blondie, it only makes you that much more attractive." He said, and I blushed while huffing.

"Okay, are you BPD or ADHD?" I said, and he rolled his eyes.

"Just come with me." He replied. I sighed before following him out of class, "We gotta head for class seven-seven-seven, so keep up."

"Whatever..." I mumbled. Why the hell would Jenny hang out with some bipolar spray-tan addict?!

Anyway, we passed by the crowd of rushing students in the hallways, took the stairs up to the right hallway, and passed by two corridors to get to room 777. I entered the room after Ren to see every lab table occupied. Ren left me at the front of the classroom to sit next to some chick at the back of the class: his partner. Everyone already had one, and there was only one table that sat empty. I sighed and walked to the teacher's desk.

He was a very tall man, with pumpkin orange hair that stopped at his shoulders. He was looking for something in his desk until I cleared my throat. He eyes looked down to mine as he stood silently.

"Can I help you?" He asked in a raspy middle-aged voice.

"I'm Lucy Heartfilia." I said, and he nodded.

"Chief Heartfilia's kid, how ya doin'?" He grinned, and I smiled back.

"Okay, I guess. This is supposedly my next class." I stated.

"Oh, so you're our new student." He said in awe, and I nodded, "Well, welcome aboard. I'm Mr. Clive, but outside of the classroom, everyone calls me Gildarts."

"Nice to meet you."

"Same to you. You can pop a squat at that table. Class will start in a sec." He said, gesturing to the lonely table on the left side of the class.