Chapter Five

I saw the Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry Trailer today and literally burst into tears T-T. I put it up top so you can watch it if you haven't already.

Here's Chapter Five...

Beep... Beep... Beep... Bee-

I slapped my alarm clock off before slumping back into bed. I groaned, realizing today was the big day... Someone kill me.

I slowly removed myself from the plush, almost irresistible mattress, and made my way to the bathroom. I turned on the light, my eyes instinctively closing from being accustomed to the dark for nine hours. I stretched my arms out, yawning to wake myself up. I proceeded to splash cold water on my face to open up my eyes. I brushed my teeth and flossed before pulling off my clothes.

I took a shower, washing my hair rapidly since I forgot to last night. Once I rinsed the bubbles out of my hair, I turned the water off, wrapped a towel around my body, and stepped out. I wiped off the fog that built up on the mirror, and blow dried my hair. I flat ironed it, put on some powder fresh deodorant, lotion, and a few sprinkles of perfume.

Then, I pulled on my underwear and soft pink bra, my dark skinny jeans, pink sweater, and my socks. I never really wore makeup, but I put on some lip gloss Mom got me since it was my first day. Afterwards, I clipped all of my hair on top of my head and put on my slouch beanie to cover it all. I left out my side locks and bangs to frame my face.

I grabbed my pajamas from the floor before heading back to my room. As I made it across the hallway, Jude came out of his room, wearing his complete uniform. Work for him; school for me.

He looked up, "Mornin', Luce." He said, yawning a bit before heading downstairs without another word.

"Morning, Dad." I said, though I had a feeling he didn't hear me since he was already downstairs.

In the bedroom, I threw my PJ's into the clothes hamper and pulled on my brown combat boots. I picked up my satchel bag from the desk chair, my book bag filled with my new supplies, and my only raincoat. I stocked downstairs, contemplating all the reasons why education institutions became a necessity for mankind. The world may never know.

As I got downstairs, a flash was ignited, and I looked up to see Jude taking a picture of me on his cell. I was a little shocked at first until it finally dawned on me while I watched him text someone.

"Mom?" I said, as soon as he said, "Layla." We nodded at each other and walked to the kitchen. I looked in the pantry and pulled out two highly different boxes of cereal: Raisin Bran and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I've loved the taste of cinnamon since I was an embryo.

I poured Jude some of the Raisin Bran and me some CTC. He made some coffee and then settled into the living room. I scarfed down my breakfast in the kitchen and put my bowl in the dishwasher, which was almost full.

I went into my bag, took my multivitamin, and headed for the door, "I'm out, Dad." I smiled as he reentered the kitchen with an empty bowl.

"Have a good day, honey." He smiled back, and I shut the door behind me. The air around me was wet and cool. I made silent complaints as I slipped into my little Bug.

The drive to Fairy Tail Academy was nerve wrecking. I always felt out of place when I entered a terrain of new people. It felt as if everyone looked at me weird. I pulled my long sleeves all the way over my hands as I drove, taking an exit before turning on to Fairy Tail Parkway. A couple of cars drove along the same street, heading to the high school as well. When I saw a school zone sign come up, my heart dropped to my stomach.

I pulled into the first entrance of the school, many cars following after. I noticed plenty of student parking lanes, but I had a feeling I needed a parking pass before I used one of them. So, I parked in front of the school, grabbed my bags, and stepped back out into the thick weather.