Chapter Twenty

AYE CHAPTER TWENTY! JESUS IT HAS BEEN MONTHS SINCE I'VE LAST UPDATED! THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE STUCK WITH THIS, I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THIS, LIFE IS A CONTINUOUS SURPRISE AND EACH SURPRISE HAS KEPT ME UNCOMFORTABLY BUSY AND EXHAUSTED! This one is super long so I could at least attempt at making it up to you guys so...

Enjoy!
~V.E.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I paced my room repeatedly, my thumbnail being gnawed at by my teeth. Everything I just read, everything I just discovered, while it all meant nothing, it also meant everything.

I had lost the need for sleep. I knew that when I read "2:15 am" on my phone. However, tomorrow was a school day, and I knew I'd want to kill myself if I didn't go bed now.

I grabbed my phone and searched Divide by ODESZA, turning the volume down slightly before placing my phone on top of my headboard.

The magical chimes caused my mind to swim, and I drifted finally into a hard sleep.

***

It was tough going to school the next day. They announced another B-week, because some teachers had messed up the gradebooks for their A-Day classes and needed time to fix them. This meant I would see him more this week.

In an instant, everything else was pointless. It was like a thin veil had been laid over my life, protecting me from the supernatural. But now, it was pulled off. It would never be laid down again.

I'd found something that had been written off as a fairy tale and folklore. If he called me crazy, said I was childish, I wouldn't be able to let it go. I knew I was right, and surprisingly, I wasn't afraid.

So, when I walked into the cafeteria the next day, I immediately searched for him.

But he was not with his family. I felt a solid punch in my gut as I stared at the lone foursome, and I gritted my teeth.

When I wanted to see him, he was absent, either physically or socially. When I didn't want to see him, he was extremely there.

The loud chatter was practically muffled to me as I sat down with my friends. Jenny looked away from Flare, who had suddenly joined our group, and looked at me with wide eyes. She was desperate for a run down of what happened yesterday. I looked away from her, staring off into the distance.

"Natsu Dragneel is staring at you again." I heard clear as day from the blonde beauty. My gaze snapped up and looked to where her eyes gawked.