Chapter Eight

I continued on throughout my day, entering American Literature the same way I did my other classes. Mr. Alors was a pretty understanding guy, letting me slip out of an introduction to my fellow peers and saying that he'd talk me through the class rules and stuff after class. We would get on very well. 

I looked around, searching for a familiar bluenette, considering she was outstanding in the literature department. Unfortunately, she was no where to be found. However, one bluenette did catch my gaze, followed my a flash of scarlet red. 

I gawked in surprise at the gorgeous duo, Erza Scarlet and Jellal Fernandez. They barely paid attention to the lesson, but they took notes so diligently. They mainly paid attention to each other, as if they were the only ones in the room worth the time. And, in their defense, they were. I found it funny how Mr. Alors constantly called for other people's attention, but dodged the red and blue-haired beauties in the back. They had to be some sort of VIP. 

Suddenly, Jellal's eyes shot up at mine. It wasn't like they led there, but like they knew I was here the whole time, and meant to land on me specifically. I looked at Erza, trying to look away from his dark, penetrating eyes and see what she was up to.

But life continues to fuck me over, and I saw that she was staring at me just as hard as he was... actually... harder. She looked so annoyed, and I knew it wasn't about the girl in front that couldn't stop squeaking of laughter, or the guys to Erza's right that kept asking over and over, "Do you even lift, bro?!" 

No, she was annoyed with me and me alone.

Obviously, I looked away as soon as I met her gaze, squirming in my seat until the bell rang for the end of class.

I shoved my stuff in my bag and speed-walked out of class. Mr. Alors can talk to me about the aspects of his portion in this hell hole next class.

~~~

I entered the front office, wanting to talk to Laki about any interesting clubs I could join. If I'm gonna be here for as long as I am, I am not going to school for just classes. I wanted to join Astrology club, Film, Book club (obviously), or maybe a little Drama.

However, Cana sat at the front desk instead. She must have had Office Aide.

She looked up from her desktop and smiled at me, "Wazzam, Heartfilia. How was it?"

I sighed, "Interesting, Cana. It was pretty damn interesting." I chuckled.

"How so? Did you meet anyone other than the 'celebrities'?" She asked, placing finger-quotes around celebrities.

"Nah, a few curious eyes, you guys, them... That's pretty much it." I replied, and she poked out her lip.

"Well, I'm sure more people will approach you tomorrow... or the next day."

"Or never. You know, I'm fine with that too." I laughed, and she shook her head.

"For shame, Heartfilia. But for real, what's up, did you miss me?" She asked, jumping on the counter and making a laid down beach pose. I burst out laughing, and she smirked.

"As much as I did, that's not why I'm here, Cana." I chuckled, and her smile dropped, "I wanted a list or something about you guys' clubs." I answered, and her eyes brightened up a bit.

"Oh, sure. Hold on, let me go get you a copy. It's like a signup sheet, and when you finish it out, bring it back and we'll send requests out to the teachers governing the clubs." She explained, and I nodded as she walked to the back of the office, entering a door of what looked like a file storage.