17.

KAI POV

[I'm not sure if this kid is a model but I can't find anymore pics of him hence why I keep using the same pic for Kai]

Ryan and I were in the city trying to waste time. We were so bored and took a break trying to play detective. Ryan drove and we just walked around shopping. I called checking up on summer. She was a lot better than she was last night. Made me feel good knowing she's okay. Still don't like her dad though.

"You think Kennedy would like this? He pointed to a shirt. Examining it I shrugged. Not really know Kennedy's style. "I think she'll like it. I'm going to buy it for her".

"I guess" I said.

Walking around the store we noticed someone was following us. Ryan raised his brow but went to check out at the register. Once we were finished we walked outside. The young man who was following her walked out but stopped at a cop car.

When the driver of that cop car got out it was summer's dad. "Look who we have here..." he smirked.

Ryan looked at me and back at him "hey we didn't do anything".

"Never said you did. But... Kai here is dating my daughter summer. Now all I ask is that you break up with her. There's no need for you two to be together. No offense Kai but I just don't like people like you". He stepped closer to me but Ryan jumped in "leave him alone you racist asshole!". They both had a stare down before his partner pulled him away.

Her dad smiled at me one last time and got into his car. Ryan flipped him off as he drove away. "Did you know her dad was a cop?".

"No I didn't. I never asked or cared what he did. Something about that man just rubs me the wrong way" I said.

"Look I like summer she's cool but I just hope you're ready for this interruption called her dad" Ryan said.

"Don't worry about me. I'm good! Let's continue shopping so you can score some points with Kennedy" I said. Summers dad wasn't showing me something new. He's always expressed that he didn't like me. At the end of the day I still have summer so I'm not worried about him.

//

HARLOW POV

Typing away on my dads computer trying to see if I could maybe find something. Checking all the resources but whomever this guy was he used a fake name and hacked into someone's IP address. Hmm... he was smarter than I thought.

My dad came in "find anything yet".

"Nope nothing!" I whined.

"Well keep looking we have to catch this monster who did this to your sister!" He said. I wondered if it had been me would he still have the same energy?. "Dad? I have a question" I asked. He cleared his throat "okay?".

"If it was me instead of your favor— I mean Salem would you work this hard too?" I asked. He seemed a little confused by the question. "Of course I would".

Figured he would say that. But actions speak way louder than words. I smiled "ok cool". Didn't want to talk about it anymore. He slowly made his way out his den leaving me there alone. Continuing to type and search.

This was harder than I anticipated.

//

RYAN POV

Can't believe Kai has to deal with summers dad. That could never be me. When we got home kai was a little upset so he went straight to his room. I on the other hand went to see the stuff I bought Kennedy. I'm hoping she likes it. She may say I don't pay attention but I know her style.

Laying the clothes out on the bed... Salem came walking by but came back "please tell me these are for a girl and not you?".

"Obviously it's not for me" i said.

"Oh good! I was about to say... Kennedy really messed you up" she said.

"Nah I'm good! How are you doing... with everything?" I asked. Salem has always been the overly sensitive one. "I'm okay I guess".

"Are you sure?" I asked.

She nodded "yeah I'm okay. Let's talk about these clothes you picked up. Guessing it's for Kennedy?".

"Yup! Trying to win her back" I said.

"And how's that going?" I pointed to the clothes on the bed "not good. She made rules for me to follow". Salem smirked "rules?! Wow!".

"Yeah apparently I'm too controlling! I don't know" I said.

"Ah, you took after dad. Cute" she said.

"Can we focus on the clothes and not me..." I said. Salem cleared her throat "the clothes are cute. She'll like them". Summer came running down the hallway to kai's room. Salem shrugged "she might as well live here. She's always here".

"Yeah but I see why... you haven't met her dad! He's crazy" I said.

"Oh! Well I guess so" she said. We continued to talk about what I got for Kennedy. I'm just hoping she likes it.