3.

GIA POV

I find it so cute that Kai has a crush. He's a such a sweet and sensitive soul. Plus summer is a nice girl who has manners. Just watching them in the living room just being kids.

"You know it's not good to spy!" Delano whispered in my ear. I jumped smacking his chest "you never did stop scaring me!".

"It's not my fault you're always jumpy. But let Kai be alone" he said.

"Our son is in love with his friend" I said. Delano raised his brow "summer?". Nodding "yup". Delano the joined me to watch them "that could've been us if we had known each other sooner. Even though we kept bumping into one another".

"You think?" I asked.

He nodded "of course. The universe wanted us together no matter what".

Looking back at our son and his crush... he looked so nervous but calm. I wonder if summer senses that Kai likes her. "Mom I'm hungry! Is dinner almost done?" Harlow asked.

Damn I forgot about dinner! So focused on what Kai is doing I lost track of time. "We are having pizza tonight". Harlow cheered and ran off. "Summer are you staying for dinner?" I yelled.

Of course Kai answered for her "yeah she is!".

Seeing Ryan and his girlfriend jasmine coming through the door arguing. I've been in my fair share of toxic relationships and this one here is toxic. They haven't been together that long but they are always arguing.

"Ryan can you stop!" I said.

"Mom can you tell jasmine what she's wearing is too tight!" He said. Scanning over her attire and I didn't see anything wrong with it. It wasn't tight at all. Jasmine was just a curvy girl. She was very sure of herself.

"There's nothing wrong with what she's wearing" I said. Ryan sucked his teeth "look how her clothes are showing her figure!".

"One... calm down. And two... stop trying to tell jasmine what she can wear!" I said.

Jasmine smiled "thank you! He's always trying to tell me how to do everything! Let me live! Damn!". Ryan stormed to his room and slammed the door shut. Delano came out "what's all the noise?".

"Just Ryan and jasmine going at it again" I said.

"He was better off with Kennedy" he said.

"Your son feels the need to control jasmine. I wonder where he got that idea from... hmm" I said.

"Too much television that's where. Let me go talk to him" he said. Sometimes Delano can be clueless. Jasmine sat on the couch looking at Kai and summer.

//

DELANO POV

Opening Ryan's room door he was sitting on the bed upset. "What's the problem?" I asked.

"Jasmine is always doing the opposite of what I tell her to do! It's annoying!" He said.

"Ryan you cant control people. If jasmine wants to do her own thing... then let her" I said.

"Coming from the man that used control on mom throughout your whole relationship" he said.

"Well that was different. Mom was a little out of hand and I had to put my foot down!" I said. Ryan titled his head "wow that's the excuse you're going to use?".

"It's the truth!" I said.

"Look I lost Kennedy already. Maybe if I was this stern with her she would still be here" he said.

"No! Ryan you got this backwards. Kennedy needed space and you respected that. But don't try and be a control freak on jasmine or whatever women you fall for. It won't end well!".

He sighed "whatever! Where is she?".

"Out there with mom" I said. Ryan got up and we walked out together. Jasmine and Gia were sitting talking. Ryan hugged Gia from behind "sorry about yelling".

"It's okay but start treating jasmine with respect" Gia said. Jasmine stood up looking down. Ryan grabbed her hand "sorry for being a dick". Jasmine smiled and hugged him.

Standing there watching both of these kids with their crush or girlfriend made me realize. One... that Ryan's relationship is slowly mimicking how Gia and I were back in Nevada. And with Kai it's what we have now.

The door bell rang and Kai answered it. Gia ordered pizza. Someone forgot to cook. See she's being too nosy with Kai. All the kids sat at the table along with the twins in their high chairs. Chatter was going along the table. Harlow was busy eyeing Ryan but also helping the younger ones. She's been an amazing big sister.

Seeing Kai just eyeing summer with such infatuation in his eyes and summer has no clue. Hopefully whenever she finds out she doesn't hurt him. Kai is a sensitive kid... he wears his heart on his sleeve. Unlike Ryan who's an hard ass. But he must've heard what I said cause he was helping jasmine with her food.

So far so good. It was turning out to be a night at the Reid house!