Chapter 36: It All Started With a Pair Of Undies

I woke up to the feel of lips on mine. I opened my eyes to see Cooper smiling at me. “Morning Baby.” He smiled kissing me again.

“Morning.” I smiled at him. He kissed me again pulling me up from the pillows. He kissed me again.

“I love you.” He whispered. I kissed him before getting off the bed.

“I love you too Cooper.” He watched me as I got clothes out of my bag.

“What are you doing?” He asked me as he lay on my bed.

“I am going to get into the shower I feel all icky and gross.” I shrugged at him.

“Why?” He asked sitting up.

“I don’t know, I just do.” I answered honestly. He kissed me and gently slapped my ass.

“Come on into the shower.” He smiled. I smiled and walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stepped under the warm water as I remembered something. “Hey Baby?” I yelled over the water.

“Yeah?” He said opening the door.

“Can you get me a pair of underwear from my bag?” I asked shampooing my hair.

“Anything for you Baby Doll.” Cooper walked over to my bag and went opened it to find the bottle of pills on top of everything. He pulled it out and ran his fingers over the words.

“Babe?” I called. He quickly pushed them in his pants pocket and pulled out a pair of boy short undies. He walked back to the bathroom to see me standing drying off with a towel. “Hey.” I smiled at him. He leaned on the door frame and looked at me. “What?” I asked drying my hair.

“I’m enjoying the show.” He gave me one of his famous crooked smiles that made my heart melt.

“Your such a dork.” I laughed.

“No more of a Horny Marine.” He pulled me to his broad chest and kissed me. I giggled and ran my hand down the hard muscles till it landed on his belt.

“Good thing I love you then eh.” I smiled at him. I pulled back and slipped on my underwear with him still standing in the door way.

“Hey Babe?” He asked as I pulled on my shorts.

“Yeah?” I said putting on my bra.

“What are these?” He asked holding up the bottle of pills.

“You found those?” I asked slowly putting on one of Coopers t-shirts.

“Yeah, I did now care to explain?” He said folding his arms.

“I got really sick a couple of weeks after you left for boot camp with Jesse.” I shrugged not wanting to tell him the whole story.

“How sick?” He asked pulling me to him again. I snuggled in suddenly tired again.

“Kirsty almost rushed me to the hospital.” I shrugged again. I felt his arms tighten around me.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were that sick?” He asked.

“It was just a virus. I was embarrassed all I could do was puke. My day was wake up, puke, eat breakfast, puke, watch Logan sleep, puke, sleep till dinner, then puke, puke, watch a movie, puke, then sleep. That’s it just answering your letters. Kirsty finally brought me to the doctors. They thought I was pregnant. I was excited to see if I was but it was negative. No baby for Grace. God must not like me.” I sighed to get out of Cooper’s arms.

“No Baby God loves you. You died that night in the ambulance, in front of me, in O.R., on your hospital bed, baby I thought I lost you so many times that I just couldn’t bare it. I thought I would never get to see you smile or your little dimples, or how your eyes shine, how your hair looks red in the sun, or how it feels to kiss you. I couldn’t stand to be away from you. I loved you so much that with I saw you fighting for life, I wish it was me. That you were at home and I was laying on that hospital bed. Not you. But God had different plans. He let you live, he let me have you to hold in my arms. I will forever be grateful to the big man. He gave me you. Do you believe in fate?” He said wiping away tears from my cheeks.

“Yeah.” I said my voice cracking as I said the h.

“I believe that it was fate I met you, it was fate that my car broke down and Jesse was out, it was fate that we fell in love, but most of all it going to be fate when I kiss you after the Pastor says that I may kiss my wife.” He bent his head down on my shoulder. I lifted a shaky hand a wiped away a tear that rolled down his cheek. “I will not let Fate bite me in the ass. I can’t lose you. It’s one thing to get deployed but anything to thing I won’t ever see that things I love about you anymore. You can’t go; I can’t lose you, not again, not ever.” I kissed me hard on the mouth as his tears started to pour down his cheeks.  He pushed me to the bed not taking his mouth off mine. He lifted my shirt above my head breaking the kiss that one time. He pulled every piece of clothing on my body slowly before running his hands every were, from my hair to my forehead to my toes. He was kissing me and only letting me up for air or he would have never let my mouth leave his.

 We both knew this was something we both needed. To show that this wasn’t a dream. To show Cooper I was still alive and to show me that He was home, or more really with me, save for now. Screw Prince Charming. I don’t care about him. All I want is a Marine, not any marine My Marine. I wanted him here and I wanted him now. Nothing would ever change that………… Or could it?