Chapter 5: A Rainy Night

I was curled up on the couch watching TV as the rain poured outside. Levi was fast asleep on the floor with the puppies which Amber, Kirsty, and I named. The biggest boy is Bandit, the next boy is Oscar, and the smallest, and only girl, we named Sadie. There was a knock on the door causing the dogs jump up and bark. I got up only in my shorts and long sleeve t-shirt. I opened the door to see a soaking wet Cooper. "Oh my god Cooper! Come in!" I pulled him in as he shivered. "What happened?"

"My car broke down, down the road and I left my phone at home. Is Jesse home?" He shivered.

"No, sorry he's on a date with Kirsty. Let me get you a towel." I got Cooper his towel as well as a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt of Jesse's. "Here," I smiled at him.

"Thank you." He smiled still shaking from the cold rain.

"Here, I will show you to the bathroom so you can take a shower to warm up." I grabbed his wrist, which was freezing cool, and pushed him in the bathroom.

"You don't have to do this Grace; all I need is to use your phone."

"Don't worry about it Cooper, the shampoo is there, conditioner there, Jesse's soap is there, I will get you a towel." I walked out and grabbed him a towel. Knocking on the door, Cooper opened it and smiled at me.

"Thank you." He smiled. I smiled and walked into the kitchen and made a hot Chocolate. After a while I heard the water shut off. "Uh Grace?" Cooper called.

"Yeah?" I called back. I looked around to see Cooper standing there in just a towel around his waist. I couldn't help but stare at his upper body. His tan was perfect, a golden brown, perfect even in is Wisconsin Fall. He had a six pack, and some big arms. "Grace?" He asked. I looked up and blushed at checking out my brother's best friend.

"Yeah?" I asked looking up at his navy eyes.

"I kind of need some boxers as my others are wet and I don't want to not wear them..." He blushed a dark red causing me to smile.

"Sure, just hold on." I get up and grab a pair of boxers from Jesse's draw then handed them to Cooper. He still had the red on his cheeks.

"Thank you." He smiled walking back to the bathroom. I made two more hot chocolate for Him and me. He walked back into the kitchen fully dressed.

"Warm enough?" I asked. He smiled.

"Still a little cold. Mmmmmmm you made hot chocolate." He smiled as I handed him a cup. He sat next to me and sipped his hot chocolate. "So where is everyone?" He asked after a couple of minutes.

"Amber is out with Taylor because they had to talk about him joining the Army with Nick. Nick is out with Miranda doing god knows what. Jesse asked Kirsty out and they hopefully are enjoying themselves."

"What about you?" He asked popping a marshmallow into his mouth.

"I was watching TV with Levi till the rain picked up so I took the pups in here." I nodded.

"Levi?" He asked.

"Yeah my puppy." I nodded. We finish off our coco and Cooper looked at me.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked. I looked around and smiled.

"You want to watch a movie like I used to when I was little?" I asked. He smiled.

"Sure." I made popcorn, grabbed a bottle of soda and put it in the family room. Cooper stood there as I grabbed sheets and heavy blankets for the pulled out the couch to lie on. He stood there looking at some pictures of the whole family.

"Hey Cooper, a little help?" I asked. He looked up and laughed as I stood there covered in blankets and sheets. He took them off laughing. "Now just put the sheets on with the blanket as I pick a movie." I raced over to the movie shelve. When I finally picked a movie, my Dad's old favorite, The Lost Boys, then I looked back at Cooper. He was lying on the bed, I pulled the bed out from the couch before, were he smiled at me. "Comfy?" I laughed at him.

"Extremely." He smiled. I shook my head and crawled into bed under the warm comforter and started to watch the movie curled up next to Cooper's warm body........

Jesse walked into the house to see Cooper and I curled up to each other under the warm blanket. The fire only in ambers. He smiled as he saw The Lost boys replaying on the TV. Uncle Charlie walked in with a shocked look on his face. "What the-" Jesse shook his head.

"Let them sleep, I think Coops car broke down because I saw it down the street and with the rain," He shrugged, "he would come here. They just probably fell asleep watching the movie, she always does." He shrugged. Uncle Charlie closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I hope your right. I am so going to bed. Good night Jesse." He walked over and kissed my head. "Night Baby." Jesse stood there for a couple of moments watching us sleep before putting out the fire.

"Night Sis." With that he walked to his room and went to bed...........

The next morning I woke up warm and comfy in Cooper's arms. When I looked up at him he was staring at me. "Hey." I said rubbing my eyes.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" He smiled.

"Yes it was very warm and comfy." I smiled. "I remember watching the movie but I guess we fell asleep." I said looking up at him.

"Hmmmm I guess we did. Wasn't that bad I must say." He nodded looking at the ceiling his arm still around me.

"So now what?" I asked putting my head on his chest.

"Do you think maybe we can go out for breakfast since its Saturday?" He asked looking down at me waiting for my answer........