Chapter 9: Should I?

I walked into school alone. I didn't want to be near anyone. It was only 6.30 and school starts at 8. I just wanted to be left to my thought. I walked to school; I left a note for Uncle Charlie and Jesse. I had a nightmare. It was one of those nightmares that leaves you shaking, gasping for breath. I walked though the empty calls past all the teachers in their class rooms. I opened my locker and grabbed all my books. "Grace?" A voice called. I looked up at Cooper how stood there looking at me.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered still scared shitless from my dream.

"I couldn't sleep, what's wrong?" I looked up at him. His dark navy eyes were lifeless, and bloodshot, but clouded with concern for me. The tears cloud my vision as I shook my head. He pulled me into a hug. He pressed his lips to my head. "It's okay, I know this might not mean much but I'm here." His words made me start cry more. He sat me down on the ground with him next to me. I laid my head on his chest and sobbed. Once I finished I didn't move. I took a couple of deep breaths, smelling his Axe body wash.

"You smell nice." I smiled lightly. He chuckle.

"Well I can tell you that you smell just as good." He buried his face in my hair.

"Why were you kissing her?" I asked the question that has been playing up on my mind since I saw him two days ago. He sighed.

"She was my ex-girlfriend. I broke it off with her a month before I met you, she has a 'problem', and I could help her. She called and said she was in town. I could never get over how I couldn't help her. It was like a itch, I couldn't scratch. I go there and the next thing I know she's kissing me saying she missed me, she was clean, that she want me and only me. I guess I just couldn't push her off fast enough. God I feel like such a douche. All I could think of was you, only you. 'What would Grace think? Oh God.' Grace I'm so sorry." I just sat there taking in all Cooper was saying.

"What was her 'problem'?" I asked suddenly.

"She had an addiction to PCP." He sighed holding me tighter. I looked up at him. His eyes were closed but he had this dark black eye from where Kirsty punched him.

"Are you lying to me?" I whispered. His eyes popped open and he looked down at me.

"God help me if I'm lying because, because, because I love you." That stopped me. I looked up at him. He looked like he hasn't slept in days.

"When was the last time you slept?" I whispered.  He rubbed his eyes.

"I couldn't sleep at all the last two days." He sighed putting his head back on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry." He said taking a deep breath. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"You promise it was nothing?" I whisper still upset.

"I promise, please give me another chance." He almost sobbed. "Please, Grace, please."   I rocked him back and forth.

"Okay, but for the trouble you caused, you have to tell Jesse and Kirsty."  I smiled. He looked at me.

"Grace I would do anything to get you back." He kissed me. I smiled at him. "I missed that." He whispered.

"Missed what?" I asked laying my head on his chest.

"This." He lifted my face and kissed me. "I missed this so much." He kissed me again. I kissed him back. I pulled back and looked at my iPod.

"7. 30, you should get and find my brother and his girlfriend." I smiled tickling him.

"Okay, but if Kirsty gets to me again, please have ice packs, and I will be taking you out for lunch to talk about why you broke down crying when I first saw you." He kissed me before walking away. I sat there as the people walked down the hall.