Chapter 11: That Bitch!

After lunch Cooper and I were perfect. The whole bitch kissing him thing forgotten like the tip of a shoe lace. What was it? Okay it’s the aglet but still. I was at the dinner again, but this time it was Kirsty and I. Amber should have been there but she and Taylor wanted some ‘alone time’ so we left them alone. Kirsty wanted to talk to me so we are going to go out. As we were walking to the dinner from Kirsty’s truck, Vicky popped up. “You Bitch!” She hissed.

“Look I don’t even know you. Just go away.” I sighed. She got into my face.

“Stay away from Cooper. You are so not pretty enough, or even good enough for him. So stay away from my man.” She snapped.

“Are you kidding me? You and Cooper haven’t been together since your parents put you through rehab.” Kirsty snapped. I pulled her into the dinner.

“Come on Kirsty we don’t need you fighting. You are already a gimpy.” I sighed.  She pouted as we got seated. “Okay what did you want to talk about?” I asked after ordering our drinks.

 “Jesse and I talked about him joining the Marines.” She smiled.

“What did you talk about?” I yawned.

“We promise we would work it out no matter what. We are going to stay strong. Also he said he loved me!” She squealed. I smiled at her.

“That’s amazing Kirsty.” I smiled.

“I know! I was so happy. We had such a great night.” She smiled drifting off into the memories of last night. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey do we have any math homework?” The conversations were like that for the rest of dinner. As we were leaving we saw Vicky pop out of nowhere.

“Stay away from him.” She growled. When she came under a street light her eyes were blood shot and puffy. She looked high. Oh no, what did Cooper say she was addicted too? Oh right PCP. Great we have a crazy bitch that is high off a drug that makes you think you can do anything and makes you hallucinate; great just great.  “I told you to stay away from him.” She pushed me down on the ground. I fell with my hands flat, but my middle finger got stuck under my hand causing it to snap.

“Hey leave her alone.” Kirsty shouted punching Vicky with her casted hand. I stood up on shaky legs as Vicky punched Kirsty in the gut. I punched Vicky right in the jaw sending her to the ground. She got up and punch me straight in the eye then as I was on the ground she lifted me up and kicked my shin like it was a soccer ball as hard as she could causing me to scream. Kirsty punched her again sending her to ground. As she tried to get up I got on top of her and punched her again.

“Kirsty call the cops.” I yelled. She pulled out her cell phone and dialing 9-1-1.  Vicky pushed me off her and pushed me repeatedly in the chest causing me to lose my breath. I couldn’t breathe her punches were too fast and kept knocking the breath out of my lungs. Kirsty tackled Vicky as we heard the sirens in the distance. I was laying there trying to breath, and failing as it hurt so much to even try. All I could get in were short gasps, and they hurt so much I wanted to stop. A cop car skidded to a stop and two cops got out and one grabbed Vicky cuffing her at once as the other ran over to me.

“Ma’am are you okay? Ma’am can you answer me?” He asked taking my pulse. I shook my throbbing head. “Okay, it’s going to be okay.” He took his radio off his shoulder and pressed the red button. “I need an ambulance here now. We have a female in need; I repeat a female in need.” He looked back at me as Kirsty walked over. “Can you tell me her name?” He asked.

“Sure. It’s Grace Roberts.” She raked her eyes over me as I gasped and flinched as I took a breath.

“Chief Charlie’s niece?”  Kirsty nodded.  “Damn; you okay ma’am?” He asked.