Chapter 28: Anything

After we finished the nursery we went to the hospital to see Little Logan. I had Coopers arm around me as we walked to Kirsty’s room. When we got there they were both asleep and little Logan was in the moveable crib fussing around. I picked him up right as he was about to start crying. I sat down and gently rocked him. He stared at me and reached out for a finger. Cooper sat next to me and let Logan have a finger. He gripped it and looked at it. He was the cutest thing I have ever seen. “Sis, can I talk to you?” I heard Jesse say from the bed. I handed Cooper Logan and got up and fallowed Jesse out.

“What’s wrong Jesse?” I said getting a look at his red eyes.

“I don’t think I can leave them.” He whispered sitting in a chair in the empty waiting room down the hall for family. I sat next to him and rubbed his back.

“Why do you say that?” I asked. He turned his head in his hands and looked at me.

“How can I leave my newborn son and girlfriend at home while I train to leave them again?” He cried out.

“You have to if you want to be a marine.” I said simply. He looked over and blinked. “You always wanted to be a marine Jess. Remember when we were little and they would always ask what you wanted to be and you would always say ‘Just like Daddy’?” He smiled and nodded.

“Yeah and they would act like I had no idea. I always remember you would write ‘I want to be a Mommy’.” I nodded sadly knowing I will never be able to.

“Yeah,” I sighed.  I felt Jesse’s hand on my shoulder.  I looked over at him.

“You can always be Logan’s second mom, especially when I’m away. You know like if he was Kirsty’s and your son.” He nodded. I smirked as his face scrunched up. “If you weren’t my sister I would be so turned on.” I Gibbs smacked him. “What was that for?” He groaned.

“It’s for being a sick big brother.” I pouted.  He smiled. “And Little Logan is always going to be my little baby.” I smiled. He kissed my head. “Now what do you need from me Jesse, I want to see my god son.” I smiled. He looked around before looking back at me and pulled something out of his pocket. I gasped and looked at his hand to his face back to his hand.

“Do you think it will work?” He asked me as I looked at the two things.

“Oh most definitely, oh I can’t wait!” I squealed. “When are we going to do this?” I asked running my ringers over the baby onesie.

“I was thinking now, or soon really.” He said taking the ring back. “When Kirsty isn’t looking I need you to put this on Logan. But make sure that Kirsty doesn’t see it or we are both screwed.” I got up and smiled.

“No you’re just screwed. I’ll be fine.” I giggled walking away. When I walked back to the room Kirsty was feeding Logan with a bottle. I walked over to Cooper who was watching the TV. He looked up and kissed me before looking back at the TV. I sat on the bed next to Kirsty on the bed and looked at little Logan. He was gobbling on his bottle, looking at Kirsty. “He is just too cute.” I smiled at her.

“He looks like his Daddy.” She said taking away the empty bottle and lifting him up to burp him.

“Yeah but it looks so much cuter on him.” I giggled. She rolled her eyes and put Lo on her legs. I handed her his binky. He started to suck on it while he started to fall asleep. She handed me Logan and watched as he blinked his eyes then went back to sleep.

“He is just so cute.” She smiled at me. I nodded and looked at her as Jesse walked in.

“Hey Babe, I brought you some clothes from home.” He smiled kissing her.  He looked at me and smiled. “Hey Sis.” He kissed my head. “You ready?”  He whispered into my skin.

“Yeah.” I nodded whispering. Kirsty grabbed the bag and smiled at Jesse.

“I’m going to change out of this stupid gown if it’s okay with you guys.” I smiled and nodded at her. She sniffed herself. “Oh and take a shower.” She walked in the bathroom as I took the onesie out of my pocket.

“Hurry.” Jesse whispered causing Cooper to look over. I gently took off Logan’s onesie and slipped this one on him. The onesie said ‘Mommy will you marry my Daddy?’ on it. It had a small light blue ribbon on it for were Jesse was going to put the ring. I handed Logan to Jesse as he pulled out the ring and tied it to the onesie. Cooper smiled at it as the shower turned off. I smiled and wrapped Logan’s blanket around his sleeping body. Jesse shifted from one foot to another nervously. I smiled as Kirsty came out of the bathroom with a t-shirt and shorts. She sat down on the bed and held her hands out.

“Here is your little boy Kirsty.” I handed her Logan as she smiled.

“Check his shirt.” Cooper smiled as he put his arms around me. She moved the blanket and looked up at us. Jesse got down on one knee as she completely removed the blanket and looked up at Jesse and put a hand to her mouth as Jesse took Logan. She untied the ring and a tear rolled down her face.

“Baby I love you, and I will love you forever and ever. You gave me my baby boy. I liked you since I first saw you the first day of school. I loved you since you came over to my table with my sister that day. I can’t have my life without you. Kirsty will you marry this soon to be going to boot camp, soon to be Marine?” Jesse said looking up at Kirsty under his eyelashes. She nodded and they kissed since Jesse was holding Logan.

“Oh, Jesse of course.”  She said kissing him again and again. I got up and took Logan.

“My poor god son is going to be mentally scarred for life.” I smiled sitting back into Cooper’s arms as I held Logan.

“Oh my poor god son.” Cooper smiled running his finger over Logan’s hand. I smiled at my whole, well almost whole, family in the hospital room. My Brother and his future wife, who happens to be my best friend, my cute little Nephew, as well as my future marine all here. The only thing missing is Connor and Dad, but still I would give anything to have a baby. Anything……