The Ghost Dog

We visited Scotland during the spring because the airfares were so much cheaper. Our quest was to find out more about the haunted places we had read about online. The most memorable place we visited was the Overtoun Bridge, a creepy old bridge where many dogs have been known to unexpectedly jump to their death. The morning was chilly and there was a layer of fog and cold mist around the bridge as we approached, it could not have felt more spooky as the only sound was the call of a single bird off in the distant woods. We clung to each other and giggled nervously, this was fun.
"Should we go out on the bridge?" I asked.
We slowly walked to the middle then peered over the edge to the falls below. The sun was beginning to burn off the morning fog and more birds began to sing as we stood alone on the bridge. We were now convinced that this would be a dead end as far as ghost hunting just like the castle we had been to the day before. We quietly took in our surroundings and took a few pictures when we heard a man's voice in the distance.
"Champ, Champ," he was calling, "where are you boy?"
The voice got closer and soon we saw an old Scottish gentleman, wearing a tweed jacket and hat and carrying a cane. He looked terribly distressed as he approached us.
"Have you seen a dog? He's brown and white, he's a spaniel, I can't find him, he's run off," the man questioned us.
"No sorry, we haven't," I told him.
He walked on across the bridge, calling for Champ again. As his voice faded into the distance we heard a dog barking. A brown and white dog came running towards us from the direction the man had come.
"Hey Champ, come here boy," we called to the dog.
Champ wagged his tail and started to approach us. Then he stopped, he was only about ten feet away. His owner started calling for him again from far away and Champ's ears perked up.  We kept trying to coax the dog to come to us so we could return him to the old man.
"Come Champ!" I called him loudly this time. The dog looked at me, then ran straight towards me.
I am still replaying in my mind what happened next and I get shivers all over my body every time I think about it. Champ ran to me, he jumped and I moved to try to catch him, but there was no him to catch. He went through me. That's right, the dog went completely through me like he was made of air. He jumped off the bridge, through me, and plummeted to the ground below. We stood in disbelief staring at the falls below the bridge and the broken body of a brown and white spaniel lying on the rocks. Then we heard the old man's voice, directly behind us, on the bridge. He clearly said, "Champ, there you are, don't ever run off like that again, you gave me a fright. Good boy!"
Champ barked, directly behind us.
We spent the rest of the trip just seeing tourist sights, the ghost dog had been enough for us.