The girl who's voice was backwards

There was a girl in my 8th grade class. She would sit at her desk, listening intently, but something was not right. She always sat with her legs folded perfectly, hands on her desk, head up, but hair down. Her long black hair would cover her face, all tangled, some falling out. But she had perfect manners, she nodded to teachers and students coming down the hall, she held doors for everyone, and maybe she smiled. We didn't know, she never talked, never showed her face. She turned in all her work, she had straight A's, she was all the teacher's favorite student, and for some reason they let her keep her hair in front of her face, when she walked the halls, it bobbed along, never coming apart to show a bit of her complexion. People talked to her, she nodded and shrugged, but never answered. One day I invited her for a sleepover, I told her 'it would just be you and me.' She nodded and I told her the time, I was curious to see what she looked like.

When she came, I set up everything a girl would want to do, paint nails, watch movies, and of course braid each other's hair. After movie watching and painting nails, I asked her if I could braid her hair so we could get it out of her face, she shook her head, I asked why and she shook her head again. I left it at that and we watched some more movies, I fell asleep before her and drifted away into nice dreams. When I awoke in the middle of the night, I looked over at her and what I saw was strange, she was sleeping on her stomach with the front of her head resting into the pillow, 'Doesn't she have a hard time breathing?' I thought. I woke her up and she sat up, "Isn't it hard to breath when you sleep that way?" And for the first time ever I heard her talk. It was raspy and hard to understand, "I always sleep this way, that way I can breath and not suffocate." She said, I was still surprised she talked, but was confused.
"What do you mean it's easier for you to breath, you had your face in the pillow?" That's when something horrifying happened. She got up with her back facing me, and took a deep raspy breath. "Can I see your face?" I said.
"No." She said very abruptly.
"Why not." I said getting aggravated now. She just shrugged. I ran up to her turned her so the front of her was facing me and pulled her hair apart, except it didn't move away like expected, it stayed put, and surprisingly there was a hair line that went down the front of her non existent face, that's when she turned her back to face me pulled up the back of her hair, and underneath was her face. It was totally turned around, like someone took her head off and put it on backwards. She smiled a terrifying grin at me then winked and said, "boo."