Chapter 46- Falling For A Thug

Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting

~Monique~

One month later.

"Hello?" he answered the phone in a deep, groggy voice immediately letting me know that he was asleep before I called.

"I'm sorry to wake you up but Adrianna won't stop crying and I don't know what's wrong. Do you think you can talk to her or something to try and calm her down?" I asked with desperation in my voice as I bounced my daughter in my lap trying to get her to stop crying. It was no use.

"Yeah, sure.. put me on speaker," he mumbled with a deep breath, I did as he said and waited for his voice to overpower her loud cries. "Baby girl, what's the matter? Huh, why my baby crying?" he asked in a light voice trying to soothe her. At first she didn't react to his voice because she was too busy hollering to hear, but once she did she began to quiet down.

"Daddy will be home soon, okay? Be a good baby for mommy until I get there. I miss you, beautiful," she was completely done crying at this point, now all she was doing was whimpering silently with the tears stained to her cheeks. I used this moment to my advantage and got more comfortable with her in my arms. I gave her her pacifier and let her fall asleep to her dad's voice.

"Thank you," I whispered quietly, not wanting her to start up again. He chuckled softly.

"She just misses her daddy, that's all."

"When are you coming home? She isn't the only one that misses you around here," I asked causing him to sigh.

"Soon, baby, soon. Just be patient and I'll be there before you know it. What's Daniella doing?"

"Uh last I checked she was up in her room watching a movie," I told him, he hummed in response. "You're sleepy?"

"Mhmm," I looked down on my chest to see that my baby was fast asleep, finally.

"Well, I'll let you go to sleep then. Can I call you later? Or can you call me when you aren't busy?"

"Actually, baby, don't call my phone. I'll call you whenever I want to get in contact with you," he said catching me off guard.

"Are you being serious?"

"Deadass."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Don't worry about it, just know it's to protect you. Now I gotta go but I'll call you soon, okay?"

"When will you be back?"

"In a few days. I love you."

"I love you, too."

That was the last time that I heard from him. It's been a whole week and I still haven't heard his voice yet, same goes for the other guys. None of us are allowed to call them so we're completely confused and worried about what's going on in Oakland.