Chapter 19- Falling For A Thug

Loyalty is hard to find. Trust is easy to lose. Actions speak louder than words. Look out for the people who look out for you. Loyalty is everything.

~Blaze~

"Take your shirt off please so I can check your wounds," the Doctor instructed. I sighed and eased my shirt off, lifting it over my head carefully.

"How are you feeling? Does it still hurt?"he asked and I shrugged, telling him it only hurt sometimes. If it wasn't obvious, I didn't want to be here. I hated this place.

"They seem to be healing okay, but your recovery is probably going to be longer than usual since you haven't been resting like you should. You can't work yourself too hard, your body needs to heal properly, and please remember to take your medicine," I nodded my head to let him know I was listening.

"So how much longer do I have to wear this thing on me?" I asked him.

"Two to three more weeks, then we'll see how they're looking after that. Did you want to sign up for our therapy classes? It'll speed up the healing process?" he suggested but I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm good. Is that all?" I asked looking at my watch and noticing the time. I was supposed to be meeting the boys at Jermaine's house in thirty minutes.

"Yes, that should be all. You can pick up your new wrap and ointment down at the front desk and I'll prescribe you some pain killers that you can get at the pharmacy. Remember to get a lot of rest," he told me, I stood up and put my shirt back on.

"I will, thank you," I nodded at him, got everything I needed and left. On my way to his house I was receiving a call from my dad in prison. He's really happy because he's supposed to be getting out within the next week and I invited him to come stay with me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Junior, wassup my boy? How's everything?" he asked causing me to chuckle.

"Everything's good dad, you still keeping it tight?" I joked, I could hear him smack his teeth through the phone.

"Boy don't play with me. But on the real? Your old man can't wait to get out of here, I've been here for too damn long, and I miss my boy. All the apologies in the world won't cut it for what I've done and put you thorough-"

"Ehh, I ain't trying to hear all that. You good pops," I said cutting him off.

"Have you spoken to your mother?"

"My mother is dead," I stated bluntly.

"No... not, not her. Your real mother-"

"She was my real mother-"

"The lady that gave birth to you!" he said causing me to roll my eyes.

"No, I haven't even seen her," I told him as I pulled up to Jermaine mom house.

Since I was still on the phone with my dad, I decided to just wait in my truck until our phone call was finished before going inside.

"Well I'm not going to bother you with it, but we will talk when I get home."

"What time you want me to pick you up?" I mumbled changing the subject.