Chapter 9- Falling For A Thug

The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of everyday.

~Monique~

"Hey CoCo, come here. Come here, girl," I called patting my thighs for Blaze' large pitbull to come here. I stopped being scared of her after getting the chance to be around her more.

She came running to me at full force with her tongue sticking out and when she got close enough, she jumped up on me and I laughed as I rubbed the top of her head. "Hey pretty girl," I smiled. I took a seat on the grass and she laid across my lap. Coco was a full grown light brown pit bull with gold eyes, she was the prettiest dog.

As we were sitting there her head suddenly snapped up and looked towards the house, I followed her gaze and blushed when I saw Blaze leaning against the wall watching us. He pushed off of it and headed our way once he realized that he'd been caught staring.

"Hey," he spoke sitting down next to me.

"Hey," I replied looking down to rub Coco's light fur again.

"I wanted to um, apologize to you about last night."

"Apologize?"

"Yeah, I wanna say sorry if I made you feel like you had to do something that you didn't want to? Also, I promised myself that I wouldn't try anything on you and... I kinda messed that up last night so I'm sorry," he spoke looking at me.

"What do you mean you promised yourself?" I asked confused.

"When I first let you stay with me, I told myself that I wouldn't try anything on you cause you aren't like the other girls I usually fool with. Plus, you already got enough shit going on. Like the first day I actually noticed you was when I gave you that ride to school cause it was raining, and honestly the only thing I wanted to do was smash, but then I got to know you and realized you had your own problems going on, and me coming into your life would just mess things up."

"I don't want you to feel sorry for me just because I got abused. I don't need your pity Blaze, I get that enough from people at school," I mumbled getting up and heading towards the house, he quickly got up and grabbed my arm, stopping me from going any further.

"Aye, that's not what I meant-"

"Why else would you let me stay with you?" I snapped.

"Because I didn't want to see you hurt anymore! Every time I saw you, you had some type of bruise on you and it bothered me, then when that night happened I knew I couldn't let you stay there anymore, so I let you stay with me."

"Cause you felt sorry for me, right?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest, he shook his head and sighed.

"No Monique, because I actually care about what happens to you. I wasn't just gonna let you continue to get hurt as I stood back and watched," he mumbled rubbing his forehead.

"Stop lying to me, don't you think that I've been through enough?" I snapped getting an attitude. I may have a huge crush on Blaze, but I also know his ways and he's very manipulative, he doesn't care about girls. The only thing he cares about is sex.

"I'm not fucking lying to you! Damn I'm not heartless, I actually like you but I'm not nobody that you'll want in your life, I got too much shit that come along with even being me."

"No stop, I've heard about you, Blaze. I'm not stupid. You don't care about people's feelings and you don't like or date girls-"

"Exactly, you've heard about me. Why don't you actually try and get to know me without judging me off of what someone else told you?" he asked folding his arms across his chest and looking down at me, my eyes widened.