Chapter 44- Falling For A Thug

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

~Blaze~

"Did you really just buy them both puppies? You're about to have a house full of dog shit," Jermaine commented as he had his nose turned up in disgust at the puppies I was currently holding. For the past weeks Monique has been saying she wants a puppy so I decided to get one for her and my sister also.

"Can you shut the fuck up and help me get all this shit to my truck? We're gonna be late for the breakfast," I snapped shoving some of the bags towards him, he rolled his eyes as he took them.

"If we're late then it's going to be your fault, not mine. You're the one that wanted to go get a tattoo and buy fucking animals like we don't have some place to be!" he yelled back as we both made our way to my truck. I placed the two puppies in the backseat while Jermaine tossed the dog food and the dog treats in the trunk.

Early this morning I left the house and went to my tattoo shop to get my daughters name tatted on me along with her birth date on my hand. Jermaine only went with me because he saw me leave and wanted to tag along like the annoying ass hole he is. The breakfast was supposed to start at ten and it's already five past that.

"Monique is calling you," he said passing my phone to me that was in the cup holder.

"Babe imma be there in like five minutes," I promised as soon as I picked up the phone, already knowing what she was calling for.

Things between us still wasn't great, and I was trying my hardest to give her the space that she needed but that was hard as fuck. Every day I leave her with something to remind her of how much she means to me.

I'm working my ass off to gain her trust and to prove that I won't ever fuck up again. These past weeks have been hell for me. I want my girl back but at the same time I don't want to rush her, I'm just happy that she hasn't left me.

"Okay, I was just calling to tell you my dad and all them just got here."

"My dad is there right?"

"Yeah, me and him just got finished with the food," she told me.

"Where's my sister?"

"Upstairs, she seems upset about something."

"I'll talk to her when I get there," I mumbled with a sigh. "Alright I'm almost to the gate, see you in a bit."

"Okay."

"Everything good?" Jermaine asked from next to me, I nodded my head.

"Yeah, Daniella apparently not in a good mood so imma check on her before I eat."

"If you don't mind me asking this, what exactly happened to her in foster care? She wasn't.. you know, sexually abused there, was she?"

"No.. she hasn't said anything indicating she was. All she's told me is that the family she was staying with hated black people and treated her like shit. Like she said she had to sleep on the floor, spend all day catering to them while they harassed her with racial slurs, and only ate once every other day. I pray to God she wasn't touched," I mumbled tightening my grip on the wheel at the the thought of something like that happening to her.

"Me too, I love her as if she was my own little sister. But besides all that, what made her call you?"

"The people she was staying with were leaving for a while and planned on having her stay with their friends until they get back. Now from what she's told me, they were a lot worse. They wanted to beat her and treat her like a true slave. I'm just glad she called me before she got physically hurt."