Chapter 17- Falling For A Thug

Sometimes we need someone to simply be there... not to fix anything or do anything in particular, but just to let us know we are supported and cared about.

~Monique~

When I woke up, I blinked my eyes rapidly trying to figure out what was happening and where I was. The room was dim, and my body was extremely sore. I looked around the room and saw Blaze next to me asleep on the couch. His head was slightly tilted to the side and his plump lips were parted as his light snores filled the room. On the couch across from him was Jermaine, Mike, and Chuck. They were all fast asleep too.

My eyes began to water as everything came floating back to me, they came to get me.

I guess I made a sound because Blaze' eyes shot open and landed on me, he quickly got up and made his way over.

"What's the matter? Are you okay?" he asked with a concerned look on his face as he saw my tears, I nodded.

"I'm okay.. I'm just glad to be back with you, I hated it there, it was so horrible," I mumbled looking down, I heard him sigh.

"I'm sorry Monique, I really am-"

"It's not your fault," I said shaking my head. "You were in a coma and had no control over what happened, I don't blame you at all."

"Everytime I look at the bruises on you, I get mad all over again. Just thinking about them touching you, or hurting you, drives me insane. But, trust me. I'm going to handle them," he promised, I wiped my face and nodded my head.

"Please don't get yourself hurt," he smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I won't, get yourself some sleep," he said before walking away. I began to panic.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I'm just going to go speak to a doctor, I'll be right outside the door. Plus, the boys are right there if you need anything," he informed me.

"But Blaze-"

"Go to sleep," he said slowly before walking out, I frowned. For the first time since waking up, I noticed my arm was wrapped. It wasn't broken, but it was sprained. Either way, it still hurts.

Suddenly, the door burst opened and I jumped as I looked to see who it was, my eyes widened. From the noise, the boys woke up and immediately Mike had his gun out but Jermaine pushed it down.

"Daddy?" I whispered as I looked at him, shocked. He took one look at the state I was in before rushing over to me.

"Monique? I'm so sorry I couldn't be here sooner," he said wrapping me in his arms, I winced and he backed away, looking at me with a hurt expression. At the moment, I wasn't too sure how I felt about him, if he wouldn't of demanded for me to go with my mother, none of this would have ever happened. Of course, he didn't know this was going to happen, but still.

"How did you know..."

"Your mom called me, where is she? She should be here," he asked looking confused, my mood grew sour once he mentioned her.

"I hope she doesn't come," I mumbled, but he heard me.

"Excuse me?"

"She-" before I could say anything else, the door opener and Blaze walked in with a cup full of water. My dad turned around just as Blaze looked up, his gaze hardened.

"You," my dad started, slowly rising from my bedside. "You did this, you put my daughter in danger. How dare you even come here?!" he yelled at him, Mike stood up with his hand on his hip immediately going into defense mode.. Blaze sat the cup down before glaring at him.