Chapter Twenty-One: Stronger Forces

Link took a daring swing at DL. Of course it was blocked. Link gritted his teeth as he pushed hard forcing both swords close to DL's chest. DL grunted before roughly pushing Link off of him making Link stumble slightly. DL took advantage of the moment and began to dash off. As confused as he was by this action he quickly dashed off after him.

     He soon realized that DL was leading him to Eldin Bridge, though he did not know why.

     Zelda saw Link chasing DL. She wondered where they could be heading off to. She looked around. She spotted Samus. Quickly she ran to her. 

     "Samus, come on. We need to follow Link and DL." She panted. "Why?" Samus asked, she was slightly out of breath too. "I don't know, but it feels important." Zelda explained. Samus looked at her confused, but nodded. 

     They ran off to gather the others. They managed to find Marth, Ike, Roy, Pit, and Nyssa.

     The eight of them took off towards Eldin Bridge. 

     When they found Roy, Samus had asked if Roy knew where Peach was. His eyes became glossy, yet his expression remained as angry as it was when they found him slaying some evil creature in the dark army. She didn't press him further. 

     Once they reached the bridge, they could clearly see Link and DL dueling in the center of the bridge. Zelda was the first to dash across the bridge towards them. The seven others followed quickly without question. DL saw the others coming. He gave Link a last shove before backing away with an evil grin on his face. 

     "Link!" Zelda called as she ran towards him. He turned around. She surprised him by jumping into his arms. He quickly wrapped his arms around her, enjoying the embrace. The others gathered around the two. Pit and Nyssa were smiling and holding hands. Samus looked at the couple with a small smile. Malon looked envious. Roy looked away with an unreadable expression. Ike and Marth stared at DL watching his every move. 

     "What are you smiling about?" Ike asked staring at DL's surprisingly amused face. "Yeah. We have you terribly outnumbered." Roy added now staring at DL as well. The rest of the group turned their attention towards the foe, Link and Zelda still holding each other. 

     DL just chuckled. It was a very ugly sound. It rung with cruelity. "And just what's so damn funny?!" Roy demanded his temper beginning to run short. "This was so much easier than I expected." DL said more to himself then to the others. "What the hell do you mean by that?" Samus asked. "Don't you see? We're the ones that should be laughing. It's eight to one." Marth said. 

      "You're all so impatient. No need to get worked up." DL replied calmly. "That's it!" Roy yelled running at DL his sword at the ready. DL barely had time to block Roy's forceful assault. Though that didn't stop Roy, nor did it slow him down. He struck repeatedly. Soon he had DL knocked to the ground. He knocked DL's sword from his hand. Just as he lifted his sword to forcefully bring it back down on DL's chest, Ike grabbed his arm stopping him. "Roy." He said quietly. "We need to find out what he's talking about before we kill him."

     Roy nodded. He took a deep, calming breath. He picked up DL's sword and handed it to Link before pointing his own against DL's chest. "Tell us what you were talking about." Roy said menacingly. DL began to laugh again. Roy pushed the point of his sword harder into DL's chest silencing his cruel chuckle. "I suggest you answer me." He said through clenched teeth. 

     "Roy." Samus breathed from behind him. Roy looked up. From the other side of the bridge other figures approached. Roy could hear his friends readying their weapons though he did not take his eyes off of the new visitors. 

     "Release him." A gruff voice ordered. It was the man walking in the front. He was tall and bulky with dark gray skin and surprisingly bright red hair. "Ganondorf." Zelda whispered. Behind him other men followed. Wario, Snake, Bowser, Meta Knight and King Dedede. "No." Ike said pulling DL up. Roy still held his sword to DL's chest. 

     "Alright fine. Have it your way." Ganondorf growled. He snapped his fingers. The others behind him stepped forward and began to approach the group of good. 

(A/N) So it's kinda short, but I wanted to make this chapter into two parts. I love you guys!!

~Zelda