Chapter Fourteen: I Want Hyrule

(A/N) Enjoy this chapter! Thanks for reading! :)

    The first thing Malon did when she got home was run up to her father and hug him like there was no tomorrow. Then next was the horses, then the cows, and the chickens...every last one of them. Next was unpacking, cleaning, and preparing for Thanks Giving. Malon barely had a moment to herself all day. 

     By night time, she was completely tuckered out. She plopped down onto her bed sighing. Suddenly her phone began to ring. She looked at the caller I.D. Midna. She answered. 

"Hey Girl!" Malon said excitedly. 

"M-Malon." Midna whispered nervously. 

"What's wrong?" Malon asked her tone changing from happy to concerned in an instant. 

"It's DL. He's back. And he's asked me to do something terrible." 

"Do I need to come over there and open a can of whoop ass?" 

"Malon! I'm serious. He's planning an attack on Hyrule and he wants me to lend him my forces!" Midna exclaimed gravely.

"SAY WHAT!!!" Malon screamed. 

"It's true! And his plan involves you too!"

"Me?!" Malon asked astonished.

****IN THE TWILIGHT REALM****

"Yes. You." Midna said trying to be calm though her voice wavered. 

"What could he want with me?" Malon asked.

"He mentioned something about you keeping Link and everyone else busy while the attack is launched." Midna explained.

"He's all the way in Altea." 

"I guess DL is convinced that Link, Ike, Roy, Marth, Samus, Pit, and Peach are going to somehow stop him." 

"Hell yeah we would! How would I even keep them all busy?! They're all, for the most part, at very different locations right now. Not that I'm agreeing." Malon added the last part hastily. 

"I don't know but--" Midna heard the door opening. 

"But wh--" Malon started to ask, but Midna cut her off. "I have to go." She quickly hung up after the last word left her mouth. 

     Just as she'd thought. DL walked into the room closing the door behind him. "Have you thought about it more?" He asked. "There was no further thinking required." Midna replied calmly. DL smirked. "It's still no." She said. His face fell and his eyes lit with anger. Then I'll just have to take it by force. 

     Midna looked at him surprised. With one swift move his sword was unsheathed and pointed at Midna. "You don't want to do this DL." She warned. He gave her a crooked grin. "Try me." 

     "GUARDS!!!" She yelled. In the blink of an eye DL was standing behind Midna with his sword in front of her neck. "Follow me. NOW!" He hissed into her ear. He dragged her away leading her out of the room. 

     They quickly made their way down a hallway. Footsteps approaching could be heard. DL quickly shoved Midna into the closest room and entered with her. He left the door open a crack and watched the guards sprint past. His ear twitched. What was that weird noise? He turned. What he saw was a gigantic, jelly looking, twilight colored, octopus/squid beast with a giant spear. Midna had changed forms. 

     The spear came hurtling toward him. He quickly put up his sheild. The impact still caused him to back up a few steps. The duel continued. Midna was very powerful, but DL, powered by dark force, was surprisingly putting up a good fight. 

     Finally, he had knocked the spear out of her tentacle/arm. Midna stumbled back a little. He pulled out a syringe full of bright purple liquid. Immediately he stabbed it into her and injected whatever that liquid was into her blood stream. Within seconds she was back to her normal self. 

     "I knew you'd put up a fight. So the boss gave me that." DL said when Midna looked at herself confused. "You can't use your powers anymore. I should've done that in the first place." 

     "YOU'RE A MONSTER!" She yelled. He just smiled. "I know." He whispered. He pulled her off the ground. He found rope and tied her hands behind her back. Then he led her, sword pointed to her back, to the huge balcony that over looked the whole population. The one where important announcements were made. 

      He rang the giant bell that was there. Within minutes most of the kingdom seemed to be assembled. Gasps rang out as the people saw their princess with a sword in front of her neck. "BEFORE YOU SEND GUARDS UP HERE, KNOW THAT ANY MOVE THAT'LL BE MADE WILL KILL YOUR PRINCESS!! I'M NOT AFRAID TO BEHEAD HER RIGHT HERE!!!" DL shouted so everyone could hear. Gasps, screams, crying, all could be heard. 

     "NOW LISTEN TO ME, ALL OF YOU! IF YOUR ARMY DOESN'T ASSEMBLE AND OBEY MY COMMAND, THE PRINCESS DIES!!!" He continued. 

     Suddenly, Midna's head that had been hanging down in despair shot up. "NO!! DON'T DO ANYTHING HE TELLS YOU!!!" She shouted. "If we don't, he'll kill you!" Somebody yelled from below. "THAT'S A SACRIFICE I'M WILLING TO TAKE. JUST DON'T LISTEN TO H--" DL cut her off. He pushed her to her knees. "Shut it." He hissed into her ear. "DO WE HAVE A DEAL?!" He shouted over the crowd. Murmurs started. Finally, the Head Chief of the army stepped up. "Yes, sir." 

     DL smiled. "No. No. No. No." Midna whispered to herself as tears sprung in her eyes. The next thing she saw, horrified her the most. DL had another army. The army of the dead. She watched as monstrous creatures surrounded her terrified people before DL dragged her away.

(A/N) How was that guys? Climax coming in a few chapters. :) Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment, and follow me!

~Zelda