Chapter Eighteen: The Warning

Everyone was up at dawn. An awkward and tense breakfast was held. "Eat. You'll need the energy." Marth advised. "I can't. My stomach is to nervous." Roy mumbled picking at his food. Marth gave him a sympathetic smile. 

     Over in the corner, Link continued to try and call Zelda. Everyone else had been trying as well. Texts, calls, voicemails, e-mails, anything. She never responded though. Nobody seemed to know the castle's number either. "We'll just have to warn them when we get there." Ike told him putting a hand on his shoulder. Link turned to face him. His expression was grave. He gave him a serious nod before stalking away. Ike watched him with a worry in his eyes. 

     The room was beyond tense while people finished eating and choosing their weapons. Some selected armor along with their weapons, others only picked weapons. 

     "If everyone can be ready to leave in the next ten minutes that'd be great." Link announced. He walked back to his group of friends. Nobody smiled. Nobody joked around. It was a grave day. "I'm gonna go prepare the centurions." Pit told them. He grabbed Nyssa's hand and they left. "Roy, you look a little green." Peach said. "Yeah." He muttered. There wasn't much conversation exchanged. 

     Soon they were leaving. They had worked out a plan for who was riding with who. Pit, Nyssa, and the fleet of Centurions would be flying there. Marth's army would be riding in the cars they drove to the university. Everyone else was carpooling in a few cars. 

     Link, Ike, Samus, Roy, Marth, Peach, and Malon were all riding in the same car. 

     It was silent as Link tried yet again to get a hold of Zelda. The phone continued to ring. He was about to hang up when he heard a small hello. "Zel?" He asked. "Look Link I don't--" She started. "Zelda you have to listen to me! This isn't about the breakup! It's a long story, but we found out DL is going to attack Hyrule with some kind of army." He explained quickly. It was silent for a moment. "WHAT?!!" 

     "It's true! We are on our way now with some people from school, a portion of Altea's army, and some of Palutena's centurions. Tell your father to prepare your army. We have no idea what we're up against." He informed her. 

     "Okay. I will." She replied. "Alright. See you soon." He said. "Okay...Link?" She said quietly. 

     "Yeah Zel?" 

     "I'm sorry I ignored you guys...and about the break up in general."

     He nodded, but realized she couldn't see him. "It's okay."

     "Link?"

     "Yeah?"

     "Thank you."

     He smiled a bit to himself. "You're welcome. That's what friends are for right?"

     "Yeah..see you soon." 

     "Bye." He hung up. He looked at his friends hopeful faces. "She knows we're on our way." 

     "Good." "Finally she answers." "That's good." "Thank god." They all said at once. 

     Things were finally starting to turn around. Well, kinda.

(A/N) I know it's short. Please vote, comment, and follow me! Thanks for reading. :)