Snake x Reader

Sure I was extremely sad when I heard Snake, my best friend, wasn't coming to the mansion after Brawl, but I didn't show it to anyone but him. In secret, Snake would meet me every night at the gate of the mansion.
        (Just roll with it). Well, it was around 12:00 A.M. (Midnight), so I was standing at the mansion's gate, patiently awaiting the arrival of Snake. I smiled when a pair of arms wrapped around me.
Here I am waiting,
        I'll have to leave soon
       Why am I holding on?
We knew this day would come,
        We knew it all along
     How did it come so fast?
This is our last night and it's late
   And I'm trying not to sleep
'Cause I know, when I wake
     I will have to slip away

   "Hey (Y/N)." Snake mumbles quietly. I turn around and hug him tightly. He responds by hugging tighter than before. "I don't know how to tell you this... but I don't think I can visit anymore. They're on my trail..." Snake explains.
     "Wait...what?" I ask quietly, completely surprised by what I was hearing. Well...not completely surprised, I figured this would happen eventually. Snake goes to say what he said again. "No... don't repeat yourself, I heard what you said. I just don't want to fully believe it." I explain.
And when the daylight comes,
I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you
So close
'Cause in the daylight,
We'll be on our own
But tonight I need to hold you
So close
Ooh whoa, ooh whoa, ooh whoa

     We stand there, awkwardly staring at each other. This is our last night together... how did it go by so fast?
      "I'm... sorry... I just, don't know what'll they'll do if they catch me... but, I'd do anything for you." Snake apologizes. My heart flutters while breaking at the same time.
      "No... I couldn't force that upon you, but I can work this out with Mastrhand! I'm sure he would understand!" I reply desperately. Snake shakes his head.
       "I guess you could try... but do think you can really get through to him?" Snake doubts. I pull him into another tight hug.
       "I have to try! I can't lose you. Not again..." I say with determination. Snake wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. I look up into his eyes and he looks down into my bright/dark (e/c) eyes.

                    Here I am
      staring at your perfection
       In my arms, so beautiful
      The sky is getting bright,
     The stars are burning out
       Somebody slow it down
         This is way too hard
               'Cause I know,
        when the sun comes up
I will leave, this is my last glance
    That will soon be memory

   "I can't lose you either..." Snake replies quietly. Backing up while tightly holding your hands.
     "I don't want whatever we have to be just a memory. I want it to be real. I couldn't stand it if you left me." I say, eyes glossing over.
      "I'll do everything I can... but... if this is our last night together... I want you to be happy. I want to see that gorgeous smile plastered on your face. I love you, and I want you to be happy. That's all I want." Snake responds.
       My mouth opens slightly. Snake loves me? Why am I surprised? I'm not trying to be cocky or anything... I smile widely, tears spilling slightly. This only makes everything worse... but it's good as well...
       "I-I love you too, but this will only make it harder." I reply truthfully. Snake frowns and wipes the tears from my eyes.
        "We'll find a way." Snake insists. I'm confused. Wasn't he just the one to say that there was a low chance of working it out?
       "Weren't you just the one to say there's a low chance of success?" I ask. Snake sighs.
      "Well, yes, but you made me more determined." Snake replies.

   And when the daylight comes,
                 I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you
                       So close
         'Cause in the daylight
           we'll be on our own
  But tonight I need to hold you
                      So close
Ooh whoa, ooh whoa, ooh whoa

      I hold Snake tightly. I'm not going to let go anytime soon. I'm not going to lose him. I will convince Masterhand to work something out, no matter what it is.
    Snake pulls back and smiles down at me. I can't help but smile back. We'll find a way together.

         I never wanted to stop
Because I don't want to start all
            over, start all over
        I was afraid of the dark
    But now it's all that I want,
All that I want, all that I want

     "I wish it would stay night for longer." I say quietly. Snake nods in a silent agreement. I was see the stars slowly burning out. The sky ever so slowly becoming lighter.

   And when the daylight comes,
                 I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you
                     So close
        'Cause in the daylight
          We'll be in our own
But tonight I need to hold you
                    So close

   We embraced each other tightly as we watched the sunrise. I couldn't take looking at it. All it meant was that Snake would leave once again. Not this time. I have an idea of how to get him back into Smash.

   And when the daylight comes
                I'll have to go
But tonight I'm gonna hold you
                       So close
        'Cause in the daylight
         We'll be on our own
  But tonight I need to hold you
                     So close
Ooh whoa, ooh whoa, ooh whoa

   Ooh whoa (yeah), ooh whoa
      (yeah), ooh whoa (yeah)

   Ooh whoa (yeah), ooh whoa
            (yeah), ooh whoa

     Daylight broke throughout the sky. Before Snake could take off and leave, I gripped his hand. He turned around and gave me a confused look.
       "I know how to get you back into Smash... you can become part of my final smash." I explain. Snake's eyes seem to light up at the idea. I smile and start dragging him to the mansion.
        I was going to bring him back, no matter what...

                              A/N

Clara: 1049 words. Sorry I haven't been updating much! I was working on my other books! I'm sorry! This was requested by Evecheetah   I have no idea if this is what you wanted! I'm sorry if it isn't...

Pit: Hey Clara! Why do you look so down?

Clara: Huh? Oh, I don't know if the person who requested this one one-shot will like it.

Pit: I'm sure they will!

Clara: Pit, you'd say that no matter what.

Pit: Well yeah, you're good at them.

Clara: Eh, not really. Anyway, remember to comment, vote, and request! Bye!

Pit: Bye!