Chapter 77: A Hunter is swallowed. (Goodbye.)

The Yellow Man's eyes widened. He could feel his wife. She was near. He shot up from the ground and ran to the wall. He began to pound on it as fast as he could before slowing down. Fast attacks hadn't worked in the past.

This was the perfect time to escape. But... he needed just a but more power. Something from the outside needed to affect his prison.

He stood anxiously in front of the wall, desperately hoping for a miracle.
----------------------------------------------------------
Percy's gaze locked onto one of the members. His sister was right there, floating in the sky next to Artemis and Zoe. He smiled.

And then the creature bit down on his leg, sinking its teeth deep into his skin. He gritted his teeth and tried to wrench the beast's jaw apart to no avail. He felt the poison from the creature begin to course through his body, and he knew he had limited time.

Down on the battlefield, the Artemis and Zoe were caught by Luke, who distributed them with the rest of the hunters. Estelle had used her wings and was floating slowly down to the battlefield, eyes locked on Erebus, who was grinning madly. His laughter grew thunderous as the fourth figure crashed into the ground below him.

Clytius struggled to push himself up, but when he did, his smoke began to spread out through the battlefield. The sun weakened it massively, so all it could do was slow the demigods down, but that more than enough to turn the tide against them. The Hunters began to work overtime as their goddess had returned.

Speaking of said goddess, the staff she was holding had begun to vibrate. She tried to hold onto it the best she could, but it flew out of her hands. She watched it fly up, up, up into the sky... directly to Percy.

He was desperately stabbing his trident into the beasts face, but it would not let go. The other heads surrounded him and laughed, knowing his doom was soon. He felt something of great power nearing him, so he extended his hand. Oceanus's staff slammed into it and began to glow brightly. Percy watched in terror as it began to crack, and as fast as he could, he pulled a rope out of his cloak. A staff wasn't that aerodynamic, but a trident was. He tied the two objects together and yelled in defiance at the creature, chucking the weapon down toward its body.

The trident flew down through the air and slammed into the beast's skin, causing it to scream in pain and detach its teeth from Percy's leg. Then everything exploded.
----------------------------------------------------------
Percy's vision slowly returned. He propped himself up on one arm and looked around, noting the booming laughter of Erebus. He didn't know how long he had been out, but it had seemed to be a while.

Fleshy bits and piles of beast goop littered the battlefield, covering it in disgusting green. Luke, Bianca, and Estelle all fought furiously against Clytius. They looked exhausted. Percy groaned in pain as his body began to feel sensations again. He looked down at his leg and winced at the large hole, which was surrounded by green and blue skin. Bad. Combine that with his battered body... yeah, he'd need some time in the infirmary.

Erebus's voice reverberated through the battlefield.

"Come back to join us, brother?"

Percy looked around for his trident, only to be met with the heavier laughter of Erebus.

"It's gone. You destroyed it when you freed Aether."

Percy coughed, finding the prospect of speaking difficult. "What?"

"Aether was freed from his prison in the blast. Hemera took one look at him, broke out of her bonds, and teleported away with him and her lieutenant. She's totally got your back, right?"

He said the last part sarcastically.

Percy pushed himself up completely, wincing and keeping weight off his injured leg. He stared at Erebus with hate, his third eye beginning to glow. Erebus clicked his tongue and lashed his hand out. A rope shot from it and slammed into Percy, twirling around him. He stumbled from the momentum and fell back down, struggling against it.