Chapter 8: Thanks, sis. (Perce promises to bring you cookies for your birthday)

Percy POV:

I take my mask off and say, "Hi guys. I'm back."

I'm knocked back by a punch to the face. I stumble backward, holding my face.

"Ah, F*ck Arty! That hurt!" I say, righting myself, and looking at Artemis.

She's seething. "Do you realize... how WORRIED I WAS?" She screams, grabbing onto my cloak with both hands.

"Arty, I -"

I'm cut off by Artemis pulling me forward with my cloak and kissing me.

I stand, shocked, but melt into it. I missed her a lot. We continue kissing for a while, but then I hear a voice in my ear.

"So when will you finally give me some nieces and nephews?"

Artemis lunges back, drawing her bow along with the rest of the hunt. I whirl around to see the speaker, relaxing when I see her.

"Hey, sis. What're you doing here? Other than teasing me?" I ask.

I hear the Hunters relax their holds on their bows and breathe a mental sigh of relief.

"Percy?" Thalia asks. "You do realize that you're talking to Gaea, right?"

"Yes, Thals, I do. We're on good terms. Long story, I'll explain later," I say.

"Yes, well, anyway," says Gaea. "I came to warn you. My son is attacking your camp."

"Which one?" I ask as I tilt my head.

"Camp Half-Blood."

"No, not what -" I let out a small laugh. "Not what camp, Gaea. What son?"

"Oh. Kronos."

The Hunters all suck in a breath, and I just mumble, "Great. I have to fight him early."

Gaea hears me and pulls on my cheek. "You have permission to kill him," She says as her gaze darkens. "He hasn't brought me cookies in millenia."

I laugh. "Thanks for the warning, sis. Love ya," I say, giving her a fist bump.

She smiles and sinks into the ground with a faint reminder. "You better bring me cookies on Earth Day."

I smile and turn back towards the Hunt, who are all confused by the interaction.

"Well, anyway," I says, clapping my hands. "We should all get to camp."

The Hunters all look at me as I put my mask on. "Why the mask?" Asks Thalia.

"Bad time at camp before I joined you guys. Hiding my face. So please, unless we're alone, call me Hope, " I say as I snap my fingers.

We're all teleported to Half-Blood Hill and go to meet up with the rest of the camps forces at Thalia's pine.

When we get there, we look over the battlefield with the rest of the campers. An enormous horde of monsters, with Kronos standing in the middle, awaits us.

I laugh and walk to the front of the Demigod forces, standing next to Luke and Zoe.

"How did the meeting with Artemis go?" Luke asks.

I shake my head. "I can explain later. Right now, I just want to get to my cabin and kiss her."

Luke smiles and puts his sword away. "Alright. How fast are you gonna deal with, uh, this then?" He asks as he waves his hand over the battlefield.

I smile darkly under my mask. "My companions need some free time."

His smile wavers, and he sighs. "I thought you would say that. You're no fun."