Chapter 49: Finally, directions! (Primordial meeting.)

"Five more minush," Zoe groaned.

Above her, Pheobe laughed. "No can do, Zoe. Artemis wishes to talk to you now."

Zoe sat up, hair a mess, and eyes blurry. "Wush she wan?" She asked tiredly.

Pheobe shrugged. "I dunno. Something important, though, considering it's three in the morning."

Grumbling, Zoe got up and put on her cloak, walking to Artemis's tent. She knocked, and Artemis let her in. She pushed aside the soundproof fly and walked inside. "What'd you want to talk about?" She asked with a yawn.

"Well, yesterday, P- the cabin man told me that you would know what the Ocean's turbulence is," Artemis answered.

Zoe shook her head. "If I did, I would have told you earlier. It's-"

"He said that it's the weapon of Okeanos," Artemis interrupted.

Zoe immediately snapped into full awareness and narrowed her eyes at Artemis.

"Lady Artemis," She said dangerously. "Would you be ever so kind as to explain how you know of the fact that the staff exists? And of the person who wields it?"

"The cabin man told me. Why?" Artemis answered.

"Oceanus, the Titan, stole his name from Oceanus, the Primordial, who also goes by Okeanos and Pontus. However, most know him as and refer to him as his first name, Oceanus. The others are supposed to be hidden because they carry power," Zoe explained.

"Oh," Artemis said. "I... I didn't know that. I wonder how the cabin man did?"

Zoe shrugged. "You know more about him than me."

Artemis shook her head. "I don't, really."

"Then why do you trust him?" Zoe asked.

"He's been trustworthy every time he met us and swore on the Styx that he wouldn't bring harm to us," Artemis answered.

"But anyway," She continued, trying to get to the point. "What do you know about the spear?"

Zoe shrugged. "Not much. It's his source of power, but if it was taken, he would tell us. It's one of the only things he ever contacts anyone for."

Artemis widened her eyes. "But if he was taken as well..."

"Then he wouldn't speak to us... which wouldn't be out of the ordinary," Zoe finished, with equally wide eyes.

She cursed. "That makes sense. So, we need to find Oceanus?"

Artemis nodded. "Seems like it. Do you know where he might be?"

Zoe shook her head. "No. But... his wife might."

"And where is she?" Artemis asked.

Zoe sighed and drooped her body. "Idaho Falls."

Artemis noticed her reaction and opened her mouth to ask, when a hunter ran into the tent, ripping open the fly.

A bloody hunter.

And behind her, in the dark of the clearing, came a scream.
----------------------------------------------------------
Erebus smiled as he sat down at the table.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

Tartarus, Ouranus, and Oceanus were all sat down in the other three chairs of the round table. Oceanus was handcuffed, of course. And Ouranus was visibly uncomfortable.

"Why did you call me?" Tartarus growled.

"Well, I figured we should all get our plans straight," Erebus responded. "I don't think it would go well if our attacks or plans didn't align."