Chapter 69: March of the Monsters. (They're getting close to the battle!)

The man sniffed the air and grunted, gripping his spear. "Not buttered toast."

He turned his head and continued marching along with the monsters, thinking of his friend. Within the confines of his armor, he heard a soft meow.

He smiled.

"Oi!" one of the other four armored monsters yelled. "Keep your head on the path! Wait. Hold on. What is that smell?"

The man frowned. "Probably the smell of Erebus's boosts, brother. We're traveling with many who suffer from it."

The other man rolled his eyes. "For the last time, it's not a curse, Iapetus. It's a blessing. He gave us these new bodies, and he gave them," he said as he gestured to all the weaker monsters, "stronger abilities. All good things."

"These 'new bodies' are too similar to each other for my taste," Iapetus said, looking at the other two large, armored monsters. "Wouldn't you agree? Krios? Koios?"

Krios shrugged. "We are stronger now. That's all that is important for a war."

Koios nodded. "Yes. I hate to say it, but Hyperion is correct. These are not curses."

Hyperion, the man who had argued with Iapetus, now grinned. "See? Besides, you should count yourself lucky to be with us after that stunt you pulled a couple of years ago."

Iapetus gripped his spear. "I told you. I was misguided. After what happened recently to our brother, I could not stand by any longer. He did not deserve what that leader did to him."

Hyperion shivered. "Agreed. Being torn apart like that, ugh. What metal did that leader even use?"

"Some otherworldly one," Koios said. "The same kind our new weapons are made of."

Hyperion smiled and unsheathed his gold twin swords. "Can't wait to use these babies."

Iapetus gripped his spear. "Same. Spilling the blood of demigods... I missed it."

"Huzzah to that!" Hyperion yelled. "Huzzah!"

The smaller monsters grouped between the four Titans all cheered.

"Kill the demigods!"

"Spill their blood!"

"Burn down that camp like we did the first!"

"Ground their bodies to dust!"

Krios laughed at the monsters excitement and cracked his knuckles. "Yes! I can't wait to meet that Son of Jupiter on the battlefield."

"Remember," Koios said. "Our only job is to kill. Play no favorites."

"Fine," Krios said. "But if one of you gets the chance to kill him, tell him I wish him the worst."

Hyperion swished his twin swords through the air. "Of course, brother. Does anyone else have messages?"

"Should you fight Artemis," Koios said. "Tell her that her grandfather is disappointed in her."

Hyperion grinned. "I'll keep that in mind. Iapetus, anything?"

"That daughter of Athena," he said. "Give her my regards. When we traveled through Tartarus, I saw the bits of her that would be easy to exploit. Bad parts of her that she didn't notice. Parts that eventually led to Perseus Jackson disappearing. Give her my thanks for that."

Krios chuckled. "Do they really think they stand a chance without Perseus?"

Koios glared at him. "Remember that they took out Kronos in minutes. Easily. Do not underestimate your opponents."