25 | absquatulate

THE BRIGHT LIGHT WAS BURNING MY EYES through my eye lids

THE BRIGHT LIGHT WAS BURNING MY EYES through my eye lids. I felt like being slapped to consciousness. My head spun like a tornado. I tried sitting up but a girl pushed me back down.

"Lay down, dovey." The soft voice caused me to turn to my side, guessing from the highly defined cheekbones that it was Tigris. But how she knew? I erased myself from the Snow's and Plinth's lives, well I hoped I did. But Tigris, a Snow, was here. Not that I don't trust her, it's just I didn't want her to see me in this condition.

My hands went to my stomach, which didn't contain a child anymore. Did it die?  My eyes travelled elsewhere, around the room. Not believeing that I was actually caring for this thing. It's pathetic really. My whole life flipped upside down after the existence of this kid in my womb. Why did I care about it?

Tigris brushed her thumb on my under eyes as tears streamed down. "She's alive." Her voice broke. Tigris' voice never broke before. Why was it so upset? Was it because of me? Did she find out what I attempted to do?

"They told me what happened. I'm sorry, dovey. I'm sorry I wasn't there." She caressed my light hair. I loved when she does that. Tears shimmered in her glassy eyes but Tigris was strong. She had to stay strong.

"Please don't tell my family, Tigris– Coryo too. Please?" I was sobbing my eyes out, my voice squeeked.

She forced a smile, it looked so painful as if daggers were piercing through her heart. Coriolanus was her everything. I don't doubt that. After I heard what measures she had took to keep her cousin safe, I could never see anyone have that relationship with another. I would do the same if we were eating rotten cabbages and living off potato skins.

"I hate seeing you in so much pain." She whispered. The beeping machines and the fan made it impossible to hear her voice. "I would do anything to take you out of here. You were crying, screaming, begging the doctors to take your life, dovey. It breaks me seeing you like that. It hurts worse when I know I couldn't do anything to help." My gaze towards her softened, I went to her and placed a peck on her forehead as tears fell on her cheek. It was my turn to return the favour.

"You did enough, Tigris. I love you so much that no words can describe it." I whispered.

Both of our eyes went to the cradled infant in the nurse's arms. The older woman immediately stood up and covered her mouth, a tsunami flooding from her eyes. "God, she's so beautiful." She choked out.

"You can hold her if you want."

She looked at me with a shocked expression, as if I said something mad. "No, dovey– it's your child–"

"She's yours too," I said, looking into her hesitant eyes as she went for the girl. "You're more of a mother than me, Ti."

"She's so beautiful." She repeated as she sat beside me. "She looks so much like..." She paused, thinking whether or not the words should come out her mouth. I could see that she was hesitating.

"Coryo, I know."

I watched Tigris as she played with Ellie

I watched Tigris as she played with Ellie. She looked so happy with her. I was thinking of leaving her with Tigris. She was meant to be a mother, not me. I was nothing motherly. I could barely cook, clean, I did none of those stuff at home. There were always Avoxes to take of those stuff.

"What are you going to name her, dovey?" My head perked up at the sudden voice.

"Eleanora– Ellie Prescott." Tigris smiled even more. I figured she understood why I didn't choose Snow as a last name. Coriolanus was no father to her. He had no right to be affliated to her.

Eleanora meant light. She was my light, my hope in the darkest times. Sejanus may be my star but Eleanora was the light that was reflected from the star.

Then thought hit me. I haven't told Tigris about what I planned. No one knew except for me.

I think it's better to leave it that way.

words from melur !

words from melur !

short chapter alert ‼️ but this is the second last chapter. spoilers : she will get a happy ending. well, for her at least. note that vivienne is quite the unreliable narrator of this story so whatever you read here does not mean that they're what i think.

i'm convinced that tigris has a crush on vivy. they do sound like a nice ship 😼

 they do sound like a nice ship 😼