15 | letters

IT'S BEEN DAYS AFTER I LAST SAW THEM

IT'S BEEN DAYS AFTER I LAST SAW THEM. I skipped meals, my room's messy and I haven't showered since they left. I didn't want to lose the only thing I had of Coriolanus, and that was his scent and touch on my skin. Images of the night playing in my mind like a movie. As his rosey amber scent combined with mine. I was a wreck after they left. I didn't doubt that Ma was getting worried. She would ask the Avox to place some food in front of my door, which I usually just left untouched. Everyday it would be a different meal, yesterday was pizza and the day before was chicken parmigiana. It felt like Ma told them to cook both our favourite dishes. I felt bad for not eating, I really did, but I just couldn't feed myself without knowing what was happening in the districts.

A knock on the door caught me by surprise as I heard Ma's voice behind it. I gathered all my strength and opened the door, not much, just for Ma to see that her daughter was still alive.

She cleared her throat. "There are letters for you." My eyes trailed towards the dirty envelopes in her hand.

And for the first time in days, my eyes lit up. "From Sej and Coryo?"

It didn't require much of a response form Ma to cause me snatching the papers from her hand. "Thank you, Ma. Thank you so much. I love you." I gave a kiss on her cheek before closing the door.

The energy magically came out from nowhere as I jumped on my untidy bed. I opened the one from Sejanus before anything.

I stared at the envelope.

District 12.

The place where Lucy Gray came from. I didn't actually hate the girl but the thought of Coriolanus being in the same place with someone who shared the same feelings for him made my heart burn. It was clear that she had feelings for him. It had also been obvious that Coriolanus really cared about her. He had risked his whole life just to save her's.

But he wouldn't do anything with her, would he? Coriolanus loved me. He chose me. The things he said that night proved it. Yet still, I couldn't help feeling jealous of Lucy Gray.

I couldn't wait any longer. I took my envelope opener and immediately tearing it open. The paper was crumbled, covered with something which appeared like dirt but his handwriting was still the same, all jumbled together and hardly readable.