26 | new beginnings

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM CORIOLANUS

I RECEIVED A CALL FROM CORIOLANUS. It didn't sound like him but I could recognize the raspiness of his voice. I was hesitant to see him, after all that happened. Things were starting to work out. I was going to move to the districts, live my life, raise my daughter in a happy environment, away from the toxicity in the Capitol. I'm sure it was what Sejanus wanted anyway.

I was packing my things when Coriolanus called. He didn't say much except for a few stutters. He rarely stuttered. He never stuttered. Coriolanus was confident. Even in his unprepared and panicked situations, he was calm. But this time it was different. I could just ignore his call and continued packing but I had a gut feeling saying otherwise. It was his first time seeing his daughter too.

First and last.

I doubt that he'll ever visit the districts, especially after what happened.

Time passes like a bird, I was now knocking on the wooden door, holding little Ellie with one hand

Time passes like a bird, I was now knocking on the wooden door, holding little Ellie with one hand. My eyes looked up as the door of the mansion opened, revealing a weak Coriolanus. His eyes were red and his cheeks were puffy. "You came." He breathed out, in disbelief.

"You called." My eyes love hearted eyes were now empty, filled with nothing but numbness. My joyful olive eyes had lost its sparkle. They always had, after Sejanus' passing.

His eyes wandered to the child I was holding in my arms. His eyes flooded with tears when he saw her ocean blue doe eyes. "Is this her?"

"Eleanora Prescott." I said, eyes looking everywhere except for him. I knew how much she looked like him. Especially since we both had light hair, she was like a carbon copy of him.