24 | when will it end?

this chapter includes, sexual harassment, self harming acts and suicidal actions

if these topics trigger you, please move on to the next chapter.

I WAS ALONE. Alone and rotting in an apartment with barely anything to eat. Days passed by since the news struck me like lightning and I haven't seen my family ever since. I doubt that they were searching for me, doubt that they even care.

I was walking back to the temporary place I called home, just something I managed to rent with my savings. Distant footsteps caught my attention. It was from quite a distance but it was coming closer. Regretting my decisions but there weren't much I could do, I didn't have much and I do plan to stay for a couple months. Want it or not, I had to face it.

It was my fault after all.

I was the one that fell in love with him.

I let this happen to myself.

My pace incresed slightly, but not to the point that I was running. Being in the ninth month makes it impossible to run.

I just wanted this to end, really.

My feet stopped in their tracks as my wrist was grabbed.

And this was the part that I either get slaughtered like a lamb or kidnapped. Either way, it wouldn't end well.

"Please I hardly have any money–" I tried retrieving the wrist, it was a dumb thing to do, considering that this man could knock me out in a single punch.

"Hey, don't worry, sweetheart. I'm not gonna hurt you." That's well, something?

"You know you shouldn't be walking alone here, especially in that condition." His words were sceptical and I didn't believe a syllable. People can appear lovely as they sharpen the knife but eventually, at the right time, they'll plant the knife right to your heart. Like Coriolanus. Just like Coriolanus.