18 | bonds

DAYS WENT BY and I've spent more time with Tigris and Grandma'am than my own parents

DAYS WENT BY and I've spent more time with Tigris and Grandma'am than my own parents. That was if they were ever present in the house. Despite being forced out by Grandma'am the other day, I still stayed with them. I told Grandma'am that I was keeping the baby.  I had Tigris by my side. She'll be another mother to my child.

Living with the Snows wasn't an ideal lifestyle for someone who had lived her whole life with luxurious things. I didn't really remember how life was at District 1 but we weren't suffering there. We moved to the Capitol a couple months before the war. I remember the residents there throwing rocks towards us as we boarded the train. Back then, I didn't understand why the people hated us dearly but as time went by, I would do the same. If I had the chance to meet my past self, I don't think I'd recognize myself. I noticed a drastic change in my personality after the games. I had become sympathetic, soft. I'm not sure if that's good but I have to live with it.

Sitting in front of me was Tigris, beside her was Grandma'am. We didn't have much for breakfast, just some mashed potatoes. It was bland and dry but I was just happy we got to eat. Staying with them made me realize the side of the Capitol that I've never seen before. I slept in Coriolanus' room and every morning I would be waken up by some rats crawling up to me.

"How long are you planning to keep the news from your parents, dovey?"

I almost choked on my food, dropping my fork at the same time. "What?"

"You have to tell them eventually, right? How long will it last before your parents notice your absence?" Grandma'am voiced as she placed her cutlery down. I wondered how such a materialistic person could live in a household like this. She was the eldest Snow, the proudest one. Coriolanus told us how she would ramble about the golden ages of the Snows. "But I'm sure they wouldn't mind, you are carrying a Snow after all. Besides, the Plinths and us are closer than ever."

Close is an understatement. They treat the Snows better than anyone. They would never host a party without having the Snows.