O9 | songbird

I WAS BACK IN THE SAME ROOM

I WAS BACK IN THE SAME ROOM. But this time my head was wrapped, my arm too. "Are you crying again, Sej?" I chuckled softly as I sat up. My head was all over the place. It was weighing me down. I didn't realize that there were injuries on me until right now. Maybe I was occupied with the whole bombing situation I didn't feel myself bleeding.

"I'm not crying, Vivy." It was obvious that he was.

My eyes shot to the television in front of me. Reaper. "Fuck, the interviews!" I forced myself out of bed and stood in front of the television to get a closer look of him.

"He only started seconds ago, calm down Vivy." Sejanus seemed to be annoyed now when were talking about the interviews.

"Why? Did Marcus blow it up?"

"He didn't show up."

My eyes widened but I turned to the television as I heard Reaper talking.
"The Capitol said they would help us if we gave them materials. They said they would protect us but now, you're sending innocent children who don't know anything to die. So fuck the Capitol! Fuck the mentors! Fuck everyone who's watching!" He was then pulled away by the Peacekeepers as he yelled curses to everyone.

Lucky cleared his throat and fixed his position so that he was facing the camera. "That is, ladies and gentlemen, the side effects of morphling."

I stood there, in front of the television in shock. I was frozen. It appeared that Sejanus was shocked too. Why didn't he stick to the fucking scripts?

I was going to go fucking crazy.  I had every right to. I wanted to flip the nearest table but I couldn't, this wasn't my room, this was a hospital. If only I didn't get these stupid injuries, I would be there, backstage, reminding Reaper to follow his scripts.

All my hope for the prize vanished. It was all gone. I was never going to get it. Not after what Reaper said tonight. It didn't matter if he won or not. They still wouldn't be giving me the prize. They'll think that I had sort of encouraged him to say those words.

I was bothered from my thoughts when I heard someone call my name. "Vivy? Vivy, are you okay?" My heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was. I couldn't control myself when I went running to Coriolanus, wrapping my arms around him.

"You're alive, Coryo." I buried my face in his toned chest since it was the only thing I reached due to our painful height difference. "You're alive." I whispered, ignoring my stinging pain from my head. It was more to reassure myself than to him.

We were in the middle of the room. I couldn't care less that there were nurses, Tigris and Sejanus. All I cared about right now was that he was safe. My Coryo is safe.

My hands slithered behind his neck as I stood on the edge of my toes. "I almost lost you." I breathed out before placing my lips on his.

I didn't know what happened. Days ago, I could hardly care about Coriolanus. I hated his presence in class. I hated that he sometimes beat me in a test. But I couldn't help myself from searching for him everywhere. I thought it was what anyone would do as a classmate. I used to deny that I cared for him. My feelings for him were.... complicated, unreadable.