14 | last moments

I BANGED ON THE DOOR, my rage and wrath taking over me

I BANGED ON THE DOOR, my rage and wrath taking over me. "Vivy? What- what are you doing here?" His voice was laced with anxiety. The door was opened slightly, just for me to see his face. He's still in uniform and his hair is all over the place.

"Fuck this." I muttered, using all of my strength to push the door open, causing it to crash into the wall beside it. Without any further words, my palm made contact with his cheek. "You fucking cheated?" I was yelling. I couldn't care less if Tigris and Grandma'am could hear me.

"I can explain, dove. Let me explain." He begged, his hands went to my cheeks.

"Coryo, is everything–" I heard Tigris behind me. The male in front of me smiled for a split second, convincing his cousin that it was all okay before going back to me.

"I had to do it, Vivy. I couldn't bear myself to see Lucy Gray die in that arena–"

"And how about me? How about the other mentors? Don't you think they were devastated when they saw those kids die? Just because Lucy Gray is your tribute, doesn't mean her life is more valuable than the others."  I yelled, yes I was infuriated but tears shone in my eyes. I hated the fact that I cry whenever I'm mad. I hated how it made me look weak.

"This is my last day here. I don't want to spend my time arguing with you, my dove." He blurted. "I know what I did was wrong and unfair, and I'm sorry I did it. I'm aware of the consequences but I did it for my family. I couldn't bear seeing Tigris and Grandma'am living in this shit hole. I wanted to protect them like I protect you. They need me, dove. I'm the only one they have."

As much as I hated what he'd done, I just couldn't bear myself to fight with him any longer. It pained me to see him like this as much as it pained him.

"We should go to my room. I don't think this is the best place to yell in. Grandma'am could hear you, the neighbors too." He whispered. I didn't know what kind affect he has on me, it was like a drug, pulling me in, I know it's bad for me but I couldn't help feeling vulnerable in his presence.

The door closed behind me. He towering inches over me. His warm breath touched my skin. I was still in my uniform but I left the blazer at home. The situation was far too heated to be wearing outerwear. The few top buttons were undone, exposing my chest slightly. I was a mess after receiving the news. I hardly had time to process it.

But then the thought of him actually leaving hit me. I was going to lose him. Knowing the grudge that the districts had on us, nobody knows what could happen there. They could kill him for all I know.

"I hate you, Coryo." My voice barely came out and my hands gently hit his chest. His body stiffed. "I hate you so fucking much." And there the tears were, slowly streaming down my cheeks as my fists stopped, sliding from his chest to my sides. "I don't want you to leave me, Coryo."

Thousands of emotions ran around my mind and I sure know that love and hate were one of them.

I hate him for what he'd done.