O8 | realization

I CAME BACK INTO THE HALL, eyes were glued to me as I walked to Reaper

I CAME BACK INTO THE HALL, eyes were glued to me as I walked to Reaper. Coriolanus, however, was nowhere to be seen. He just vanished, leaving his tribute behind and questions to be answered.

What did he meant by he wanted me?

Since when did he developed these feelings towards me.

He kissed me.

Coriolanus Snow, the man whom I disliked the most, kissed me. And I liked it.

Did Sejanus know about this beforehand? If he did then why didn't he tell me?

I shook my head. I shouldn't let this interfere with my ideas with Reaper. How I was going to make him likeable by the Capitol.

"I'm sorry for what he did, Reaper. Are you okay?" I started.

I expected a string of curses being bombarded to me but instead he was laughing. "You call that a punch, blondie?"

His comment made me chuckle a little. "So, for tonight's interviews, I was thinking that you should talk about yourself. Make the audience like you. I know you probably don't want to listen to me but please, it'll help. These funds will help you to survive in that hell of an arena."

I earned a nod from him as he carefully listened to my instructions, glad that he was actually cooperating with me. "And for the games," I paused. I can't believe that it was happening soon. "From what I saw from the past games, the Gamemakers will put a variety of weapons in the middle of the arena. The tributes will definitely go there as soon as they blast the cannons. Take what you need and go. I don't want you dying in the first ten minutes of the game. We'll see the arena soon and plan where you can go. If they're tunnels, vents, any compacted place, go for it. Hide until it's safe." I told everything that I wrote in my notes. I felt my hand shaking as I went through the papers.

"Hey, it's fine." I looked at him and slowly gathered my breath. I was panicking. But I didn't know why. He was going in the arena, not me. But why was I scared? I'm not afraid of losing the Plinth Prize, I have nothing to lose in the games too, but why was I feeling this way towards Reaper?

"I just don't want you to die." I glanced up at the ceiling as tears shimmered in my eyes. Reaper chuckled a bit, which caught me by surprise.

"I'm not dying, Vivienne. Even if I did, I won't be gone. I'll be here. I want you to watch the moon and remember me. All I hope from you is to not forget me."

I quickly wiped the tears that rolled down my cheek. I couldn't let anyone see me in this state. In the state of feeling sympathy for someone from the districts. "Win this game, Reaper. Not for me, not for the entertainment of the Capitol, but for you, for your family and for 11. Make them proud."

"Times up, mentors!" Casca alerted as he stood by the door. "It is time for you to preview the arena."

Before I left, I whispered one last thing to him, "I'll do anything to make you win. Even if the price for it is unimaginable. I'll do it for you. Just trust me, Reaper."