O3 | pride

I STOOD BEHIND THE CROWD surrounding the zoo

I STOOD BEHIND THE CROWD surrounding the zoo. There were reporters, everyone. I watched as Coriolanus introduced his tribute. He would get in so much trouble if the Academy found out. Maybe even be disqualified as a mentor. He knew about this, yet he was still there.

I felt jealousy in my veins. Not because of how close he was to the girl from 12, but the fact that he got there first when I thought I would before any of the mentors.

"Clearly, I got the cake with the cream cause nobody else has even bothered to show up." I've had enough. The more words that came out from that girl's mouth, the more egotistical he'll be. I wish I could tear that smirk off his face. Why did he think he was so special?

I cleared my throat, catching the attention of the audience, and the two lovebirds. "Clearly, you aren't the only one who got special treatment." I spoke as I took a few steps closer to the metal bars.

Lucretius 'Lucky' Flickerman turned to me. "Well, isn't it another Academy Rouge! Tell me your name young girl, and why are you here." He enquired, pointing the microphone at me.

"Vivienne Prescott, but you can call me Vivy." I introduced, handing my hand out to shake his. A smirk formed on my lips as I saw the furious look on Coriolanus. There was nothing he could do. I just stole your little spotlight, bitch. "Well, it is my role as a mentor to make my tribute feel welcomed, right? Reaper is his name, from District 11. Surely you remember him from yesterday. The tall, muscular one, yeah that's him."

A similar boy that suited the description stood up from the rocks and slowly approached the bars. "And there he is! Put a big smile for the camera, Reaper!" Lucky exclaimed as he brought the cameras towards him.

He seemed stern and tough. I just got the jackpot. He surely had the chance of winning the games. From the corner of my eye, I saw Peacekeepers walking towards me. I forced out a cough and quietly handed the biscuits covered in a handkerchief to him. I noticed his furrowed brows but still took it. What could he do anyway? He must've been starving.

"I think you're about to be whisked away fellow rouges. We'll meet again soon." Lucky said as I felt hands pulling me away. "The 10th annual Hunger Games are soon approaching. So come down to the zoo and see these tributes, and if you're lucky, mentors too. For Capitol News, I'm Lucretius 'Lucky' Flickerman."